Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think it depends on what kind of stroller you own. I know with the kind I owned (Peg Perego) when my kids were a bit younger (they are 4 and 7 now), you wouldn't be able to fit a lot more in the trunk. I too was worried about trunk space a bit in this car, but so far so good. My wife has a Pilot so we'll use that on big trips where lots of space is needed. We just took my CT on a 3-day getaway this past weekend and fit everything easily & still had a bit of room left....and the fact that we would have gotten 20 MPG in the Pilot and I got 48 MPG in the CT? Well that's even more the reason to consider the CT!

Have you checked one out in person/checked out the trunk at the dealership?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I can fit more than enough beer in the rear :) QUOTE]

Really??

Once a year my brother-in-law comes up from Toronto in his Minivan. As soon as he gets to Ottawa, he heads over to the Costco in Gatineau where they sell cheap beer in 54 can cases. He fills the van front to back and floor to sealing with beer. He even puts a case of beer in the front seat where my sister-in-law would normally sit. (I suspect this is just an excuse leave her at home :rolleyes:)

The CT would definitely be too small for him :D
If you're serious, pics next time this event takes place please. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think the key is efficiency of packing. Of course the CT200 is not a mini van where you throw whatever you want into it. I wouldn't brand it a young family car either. With a young child in the back seat you can split the rear fold down and get more gear in. A stroller and a pack n play sleeper plus an overnight bag or 2 would max you out. Planning a second child soon, don't get the CT200.
My problem now is my 16 year old at 5'9" finds the back tight.
If you having a growing family I would go for a small SUV like the Honda CRV for better space. Young children get fidigity in a car. They need some space. Soon you'll find yourself getting kicked in the back of the seat by your child's feet and you will not be happy.
I love my CT200 but it has to be the right fit and I'm thinking you'd be better off with something with a bit more growing room.
I agree that it's probably tight for teenage kids, but don't know that I agreen on the young children part. My last car was a G35 sedan, which has a decent sized back seat. Even with that car, if the kids wanted to (didn't happen often, because they know better), they were able to kick the back seat. I got the G sedan back in '04 with 1 kid on the way and wanted them to have plenty of room and to be honest, with the 2 kids and that car, it was kind of wasted space back there...more of a car for older kids/adults in the back. My kids are absolutely in love with my CT and now request that we take it wherever we go in place of my wife's '11 Pilot (which is VERY roomy)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.