Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I ordered my CT200 on March 14, dealer told me the car will be available by the end of the month or early April. I put down $1000 deposit since I don't mind waiting for couple of weeks.

Couple of phone calls were made during the waiting period and dealer reassured that car will definitely be available then. When I went during the last week of March to drop off my plates for the car, it is then the dealer told me car won't be available till end of April or early May.

Just letting you guys know heads up about dealers lying.

·
Registered
255 Posts
He may not be lying. Japan is having a lot of trouble right now with parts to assemble cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i went initially, he told me a shipment has just docked in Vancouver, and that it will arrive in Toronto in 2 - 3 weeks. I sold my car shortly after, now I'm stuck without a car until it arrives

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like you may need to work with another dealer if possible.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Unless one knows the financial strenght of a car dealership, put a low down payment of several hundred dollar. If they go under, you could be out of the down payment.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Unless one knows the financial strenght of a car dealership, put a low down payment of several hundred dollar. If they go under, you could be out of the down payment.
Or, do what I did...put the down payment on a credit card...just make sure if it is going to be for 90 days or over, you redo the charge...ie: cancel the charge before 90 days and rebill it so you are protected by credit card company...most only protect you for your money back for 90 days..this way, you should be ok

·
Registered
255 Posts
Keep a good relationship with your dealer. I ordered a CT with nothing down. I have the spec sheet with vin for my CT and it should arrive at the dealer in 10-14 days. I just found out it is now in port in California. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also ordered one yesterday with $0 down (this is my 4th Lexus). Salesdude said it would be 6-8 weeks because of issues in Japan. He just emailed me and said he dealer swapped one and that it would be at the dealership in Ottawa in 1-2 days. Hope I didn't get yours LOL.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also ordered one yesterday with $0 down (this is my 4th Lexus). Salesdude said it would be 6-8 weeks because of issues in Japan. He just emailed me and said he dealer swapped one and that it would be at the dealership in Ottawa in 1-2 days. Hope I didn't get yours LOL.
This is my 3rd Lexus. Mine is headed for Texas. lol
Are you getting Matador Red? I just love Matador Red. :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, which colour did u get? & which option?

·
Registered
11 Posts
For what it is worth, I put a $500 deposit on a CT on March 28th, in the greater Chicagoland area, and the car arrived on April 4th. The dealership had 3 CTs on the same truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I put a deposit in march. They didn't have the exact car exterior (smokey granite) and interior (water grey leather) that i wanted. Now I just found out today that they are not accepting special orders at this time due to the situation in Japan. :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah I put a deposit in march. They didn't have the exact car exterior (smokey granite) and interior (water grey leather) that i wanted. Now I just found out today that they are not accepting special orders at this time due to the situation in Japan. :(
Does that mean if my order went in around March 14-17, my order will be cancelled? Is there a type of confirmation number my dealer can give me to confirm an order was placed back then? I know he can't tell me much until he has a new VIN# on the built car but isn't there some sort of # he gets from Lexus or Toyota confirming the order so I KNOW it was placed on time?

·
Registered
516 Posts
My dealer told me he has not info other than I should expect to wait 2-3 months on my order.
I got the same thing...now, there is another 7.1 aftershock in Japan today with Tsunami warnings going up too....crazy awful thing happening over there. Incredible how this can affect the entire world...think about all the products we use each and every day (not just automobiles) that use some sort of components and electronics from Japan. My dealer said it wouldn't even go into the computer the regular way because of the unusual build of LED headlamps with the Nuluxe seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi here is with the guy from the dealership emailed me on 4/6/2011:
"The factory has not given us confirmation that they will build it yet. They are not accepting Special Orders at this time. I just found this out, yesterday, afternoon, on my way out when I spoke to my manager regarding your order. This has to do with the cut back on production because of the situation in Japan. We don’t know when they will resume taking orders. I can put your name on the next incoming Smokey Granite with BLACK interior with the leather, however, I don’t know when that will be.
The factory announced last week that everyone’s allocation will be cut by half, again, because of the situation in Japan."

·
Registered
199 Posts
That sounds like BS. There is no reason to not accept special orders. They just wind up on a list of cars that need to be built, no matter how long it takes to get to them.

Try another dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That sounds like BS. There is no reason to not accept special orders. They just wind up on a list of cars that need to be built, no matter how long it takes to get to them.

Try another dealer.
My dealer just told me the same thing about not accepting special orders right now...:(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts