Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know a lot of people have been wondering what its like to have a CT with a car seat. These are pics of my 4 yo in one. Admittedly, this is not the "kid car" but I can see where it would work as one. The back is plenty big enough to hold a Maclaren stroller, but probably not the gigantastrollersaurous that I see sometimes at the mall. It seems like it would fit two kid seats, but throw in a dog or two and you'd be maxed out.

So without further adieu, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

CT200h with Child in Carseat

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cool!

Not that I have kids, but this definitely corrects my impression that a car seat wouldn't fit well. Looks fine from the pics.

How much headroom did she have?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have TWO kids (4 and 5 yo) with a 5-point harness booster and a seatbelt booster in the backseat - and my kids have no complaints.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 4yr old fits sufficiently in his front facing seat behind the passenger seat. I recently found out that my wife is pregnant (after I bought the CT) so I'll soon have to see how a "baby bucket" fits. I think it will be an uncomfortably tight squeeze and I'll surely have to swap places with the front facing seat given the height differences between myself and my wife (who rides shotgun).

·
Registered
5 Posts
My grandson's rear facing carseat ONLY fits in the middle and that is with me driving (5ft.3 so seat is forward a lot) and the passenger seat forward some also. Can hardly wait till he can sit front facing.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Dave - Nice choice of interior color, child car seat make and car seat protector! (yes, I have caramel too and my kids also used Peg Perego seats (they are great) and funny that I have the same black seat protector. Though, my kids are now a bit older and use booster seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2012 C 200h yesterday and both my car seats fit perfectly in the back seat. The baby's Graco Snugride is rearfacing behind the passenger seat. The passenger seat is moved up a little but my husband can still sit in the seat without his knees touching the dash, its not ideal if you always have a passenger but it is normally just me and the kids in the car. The 3 yr old is behind the driver seat in a Britax Marathon forward facing. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Joovy sit and stand caboose stroller fits in the back! It lays down flat, the cover comes over the top and there is enough room for a few grocery bags too. While doing research online and from looking at the trunk at the lot, I was convinced it would never fit. I went from a Cadillac Escalade to the CT and I am loving this car! Goodbye 13 mpg hello 41! :) I love all the bells and whistles, and it actually has some get up and go! (I have the F sport package) Looking forward to driving this thing for the long haul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts