Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my CT200H for a few weeks now. This weekend I noticed that when the vehicle came to a complete stop (at a stop sign) on a sloping up street, when I removed the foot from the brake paddle, the vehicle started to roll back. Has anyone seen this behavior?

P.S. I put in 91 Octane and getting between 49.5 and 50.5 MPG

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have noticed this car doesn't pull forward like a normal automatic does when you release the brake. It actually acts more like a manual transmission in that you have to give it some gas to get it to go.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you're stopped on a steep hill try the hill holder feature as you transition over to the gas pedal. Check out how it works in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it - On Page 254 of the manual it is called " Hill-start assist control". It says "further depress the brake paddle when the vehicle is stopped completely. A buzzer will sound once to indicate the system is activated .."

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I found it - On Page 254 of the manual it is called " Hill-start assist control". It says "further depress the brake paddle when the vehicle is stopped completely. A buzzer will sound once to indicate the system is activated .."
Interesting. Did you try it/does it work?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yup! I use it all the time when stopped at a red light on a steep hill. Works great.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I tried this yesterday and said "Oh, cool!"
But, what I didn't know is it deactivates a second later and said "Oh s***!"

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ya learn something new everyday... especially with the brainiacs here!

Thanks Guys and Gals!

Now to go show it off to the wife!! (Of course I'm going to tell her that I read the manual!)

·
Registered
255 Posts
The owners manual is full of hidden secrets waiting to be discovered. You just have to look.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep. If it didn't engage, talk to your dealer. You do have to press hard, all the way. You will see a light on the dash turn on which is your only clue that it engaged if on a flat surface (since you wouldn't took backwards, anyway).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
609 Posts
Heh I didn't know it has that feature. When I first learn to drive, I was told to pull the parking brake when stopping on a slope. But then I was also driving a manual so I sort of HAVE to use the parking brake if I don't want to roll back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts