Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexus has released another marketing strategy that I rather enjoy. Lexus has put forth a challenge for music artists to come out with their rendition of remixes to the musical tracks you find in the North American CT commercials that capture the excitement surrounding the CT.

Lexus CT Remix Project

I bet these would sound good over the premium audio package :cool:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I wonder why they are still promoting the car when availability is limited. Saw a commercial for it yeterday on TV. It's just going to entice people and then find out you'll have to wait months, good way to lose future buyers especially if the goal is to attract new Lexus consumer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wonder why they are still promoting the car when availability is limited. Saw a commercial for it yeterday on TV. It's just going to entice people and then find out you'll have to wait months, good way to lose future buyers especially if the goal is to attract new Lexus consumer.
I think it could turn out either way.

People like things when they are "limited". Now I know, that this is not a limited edition car, but with the circumstances in Japan, people may tend to understand the delay. This will not apply to the people who need a car now but more for the people who are always looking for a "change".

Also you can factor in the current rise in gas prices and ya never know!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think it could turn out either way.

People like things when they are "limited". Now I know, that this is not a limited edition car, but with the circumstances in Japan, people may tend to understand the delay. This will not apply to the people who need a car now but more for the people who are always looking for a "change".

Also you can factor in the current rise in gas prices and ya never know!
i agree - marketing and advertising effects are not just short-term. they get into the mind and expectations of people by almost re-setting/re-shaping them. they are trying to get the word out even for those buyers that will go on to buy in the Fall or even for next year's model.

"Sporty-hybrid" is a new concept that the CT is trying to capture (altho there is much debate on how "sporty" it is) and make its own while there are no competitors who can even dare make claim to that - if they capture it now, it will take that much more of a stronger competitor to rival them or knock them off later down the line - it is all marketing STRATEGY.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yup. Lexus is definitely marketing for the long-term. They started marketing this car WAY before it came out, at least a year ago. That's how I knew about the car. I went to all the Dark Ride events in my area and that's how I got hooked and knew I wanted this car, MONTHS before it even came out!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
This is a clever marketing strategy, a hybrid that is sporty and fun to drive. This will sell with the American Consumer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I see the spots (commercials) on TV everywhere, too. Even though the CT's are not as readily available because of the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan, you have to also keep in mind that the bulk of TV ad time on the national and local TV level are oftentimes planned and bought months in advance; timed so that spots air before and shortly after the car becomes available to the market. It's just another reason why you see the TV spots, everywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts