Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So made up my mind. Since the 2011 and 2012 are so identical, ended up getting the 2011 with 1000$ rebate. Could probably have got more than that but the base Canadian model in white was quite rare. Only one left in Toronto.

Some dealers wanted to charge an extra 400$ to get it shipped to me, but I'm not getting charged for it. :) So it's kind of 1400$ rebate if you look at it from this angle.

Anyways, it arrived at my dealer and I'm just waiting for the bank for the loan. Should go there do the paperwork early next week and (if the bank is quick) I should get it before the end of the week !! :)

CT 200h Base (Canadian) Model
Starfire Pearl with tinted windows

Paid: 29,900$ (+ lots of taxes)

Color me monochrome :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats :) You've effectively done what I did there - grab one that was at the shop already instead of waiting months for it to arrive.

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Congrats! Wow, so you need to wait for the bank to finish the deal? I guess lending is a bit different in Canada. Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! Wow, so you need to wait for the bank to finish the deal? I guess lending is a bit different in Canada. Good luck.
Actually, it's not a regular car loan, it's a mortgage line of credit (not if this translate well from French). It's a line of credit, prime rate 3%, calculated based on the value of your house minus your mortgage. Once approved you have to do a trip to the notary to officialize everything.

That's where I'm at. The notary called home last Friday saying they received the papers and are ready for me to sign them. So once signed, another trip at the bank to get the debit card, checks and everything setup for the line of credit.

So yes, it's a little hassle, but much better (and flexible since I only need to pay the interests monthly) than the regular car loan at 7.9% or Lexus Canada 6.95% rate :)

Having a new house and lots of things to pay for in the coming months (read grass, driveway, fence...) it gives me the flexibility I need in case some of those cost more that I'm expecting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lucky you! Were did you got your CT ? I plan to get one also, but only in march-april 2012. Can't wait!
In Laval as the dealer in Brossard is expensive. My advice shop at Laval or St-Julie to get a good price, then ask Brossard if they want to make it up or better.

Even though I'm getting it in Laval I will do the maintenance in Brossard.

Do a test drive in Brossard they have a yellow Touring model for test drives!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did a test drive in april, it was a technology model with ivory leather. I didn't like the color of the leather in the tested model but I really loved the test drive. I want to get another one this winter to see how it drive in snow, as I use my car in any conditions (on call 24/7, good weather bad weather).

To me, the CT feel sporty. When I compare to the Acura TSX I actually own, the car handle very well, very similar to the TSX. The only bug is the power of the engin, but for me the fuel economy is more important.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check with Laval and Ste-Julie for the official quote when I'll be ready :)

Do you plan to install HID on your CT?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I did a test drive in april, it was a technology model with ivory leather. I didn't like the color of the leather in the tested model but I really loved the test drive. I want to get another one this winter to see how it drive in snow, as I use my car in any conditions (on call 24/7, good weather bad weather).

To me, the CT feel sporty. When I compare to the Acura TSX I actually own, the car handle very well, very similar to the TSX. The only bug is the power of the engin, but for me the fuel economy is more important.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check with Laval and Ste-Julie for the official quote when I'll be ready :)

Do you plan to install HID on your CT?

Read up about HIDs in the other section of this forum first.
A lot of members are having trouble with HIDs and the CT where one light does not turn on when lights are set to auto.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrat! But are you sure they didnt have one in stock at St-Julie?

Marchand Lexus Lexus Sainte-Julie situé à STE-JULIE QC
Can't tell you for sure as I did not asked them. The dealer said there was one int Toronto and shipped it here. Maybe he lied and shipped it from St-Julie... As long as I get it I dot care if it came from 25km or 500km away :)

As for the HID, I'll check this out once I test the care outside during night time :) looks interesting though!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Actually, it's not a regular car loan, it's a mortgage line of credit (not if this translate well from French). It's a line of credit, prime rate 3%, calculated based on the value of your house minus your mortgage. Once approved you have to do a trip to the notary to officialize everything.

That's where I'm at. The notary called home last Friday saying they received the papers and are ready for me to sign them. So once signed, another trip at the bank to get the debit card, checks and everything setup for the line of credit.

So yes, it's a little hassle, but much better (and flexible since I only need to pay the interests monthly) than the regular car loan at 7.9% or Lexus Canada 6.95% rate :)

Having a new house and lots of things to pay for in the coming months (read grass, driveway, fence...) it gives me the flexibility I need in case some of those cost more that I'm expecting.
Ahhh, okay, that makes a lot of sense if you're able to save in interest. Nice move. By the way, the translation was perfect. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Jimmy :)

Claude, je suis sur que je vais aimer! Après deux essais routier y'a pas vraiment moyen de se tromper! As-tu changer les phares toi?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Non.
Pourquoi les changer au fait?
Aucune idée. Pour changer la couleur j'imagine? Les avoir plus fort et/ou plus chaud/froid.

Je vais commencer par l'avoir et voir ce que ça donne. De base ce sont des feux halogènes, ça devrait être quand même assez fort!

Dis-moi, le système antivol est-il du type criard ou anti-demarrage?

Merci!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Aucune idée. Pour changer la couleur j'imagine? Les avoir plus fort et/ou plus chaud/froid.

Je vais commencer par l'avoir et voir ce que ça donne. De base ce sont des feux halogènes, ça devrait être quand même assez fort!

Dis-moi, le système antivol est-il du type criard ou anti-demarrage?

Merci!
Aucune idée.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Claude, j'ai vérifié, la voiture a un antivol d'instrusion (klaxon et lumières qui flash) si quelqu'un ouvre le véhicule sans les clés. Et un anti-démarreur en plus. Appel ton assureur, ta prime va baisser!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts