Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received great news that my CT200h had arrived and delivery would be before the end of April. I proceeded to call my insurance company and provided them with the VIN number to which I was told that this vehicle was so new that it was not in their system and thus no insurance. Understandably after waiting for over two months for the vehicle to arrive and knowing it was sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pick up, I was extremely upset. Apparently, two other customers in Canada are also waiting for this same insurance company to get their act together before we can drive away with our new CT200h's.

What a nightmare...

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's really bad news. Are there other companies you could use?

I haven't heard of anyone in the US having trouble getting insurance. I wonder why your company in Canada can't go ahead and insurance you temporarily using the cost of the car to base the premium on or even use the rate of the Lexus HS250?

I didn't have any problem. Took my agent about 5 minutes to get the rate for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does the dealer doesn't sell temp insurance? Is this your first car? Do you already have insurance? I know my coverage covers anything I drive. Also, in the US, depending on the insurance company, you have up to 30 days to inform the insurance company and you are still covered. They will back charge from the date of purchase so it's not free, but it gets away from this problem.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Here in the states, we generally apply the insurance AFTER we purchase the car...
In Connecticut no insurance no registration.

The Canadian insurance company is so bogus. I would find another company!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Change company for sure. I got mine around march 11th, called my company and that was it. I don't understand companies being so late.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ridiculous, your insurance company must not be using an updated database. When I called mine to get an idea of insurance the car wasn't listed by model, yet, but as soon as i gave them a VIN, it pulled right up. Change companies.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take your business elsewhere. My FORMER insurance company left me in limbo when I was at the dealership. They didn't have the car in their system and would give me a call within 24 hours to let me know IF they could cover it. It took me about 5 minutes to call another insurance company who was more than willing to cover the vehicle effective immediately. Long story short, I left the dealership with my CT insured and also enjoyed a reduction in premium for my other vehicles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was actually told the same thing by Farmers. My agent more or less crafted something and said the premium might change slightly when it is actually put in the system. She put in the value, all the safety stuff, and the fact that it's a hybrid and was able to get mine done in about 15 minutes.

Kristi

·
Registered
100 Posts
garcoo, my insurance company just added the CT to their online quote service. For $1,000,000 liability, $500 deductables for both comp and coll, "forgive and forget", loss of use and car rental, and depreciation waiver, the quote was $1,207 a year (eastern Ontario, no claims in twenty years of driving). Very, very , very happy camper here - only about $100 dollars more than insuring the 2002 Accord!

Now if I only had my CT...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello all and thank you for all of the advice...my insurance company finally came through after talking to at least a half dozen people, each with a new excuse as to why they are unable to insure the vehicle. Then I spoke to someone with some degree of intelligence and (like most of you suggested) they added a similar vehicle to the system and surprise surprise I had insurance. After such a hassle the delivery of a new CT200h was just not the same but after driving it for about a week, I LOVE IT! I know it's a long time to wait but it's well worth it! Enjoy everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts