Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone know when cars get posted on cars.com? Do they post them sometimes before the dealer actually receives the car? Just curious if my dealer is playing some sort of game or if they were honest when saying despite my car (my vin # given to me) showing up on cars.com they haven't yet received it.

Been waiting 6 months and if there is any game playing while it would suck I would pull my order so fast they wouldn't see their heads spin!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't know anything about cars.com, but I have been a Lexus owner for 7 years and the CT is my 3rd Lexus. Lexus does not play games with their customers. I have always found my dealer to be truthful. Sometimes they can be high priced on their service, but have always been truthful about their cost, car delivery and service time.

If you don't think the sales person knows what is going on, talk to the sales manager.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Might be worth paying them an unannounced visit to check it out ?

Dunno why they'd be listing a car on Cars.com that's been allocated to a customer but at least going to take a look will answer that "Is my car sitting on the lot when I could be playing with it ?" question that's bubbling away at the back of your mind :)

Plus they'll hopefully have access to information that'll give you a better estimate of when your New Toy Day will be :)

Good luck getting your car soon - I don't think I'd have the patience to wait 6 months. I want my toys Now ! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
there is some lag on the cars.com site and the dealership. honestly, i found the car i wanted thru that listing and arrived at the dealer when it showed up. there happened also to be another tungsten with premium sound that wasn't listed on the cars.com site...so it can be hit-or-miss either way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I'm tempted to take a trip to the dealership, but since my local dealership has a bad reputation I went with one in the larger area around me. Sucks but it's 150 miles away! Ahhh the midwest with it's seas of grain, soybean, and corn..... and 150 miles between lexus dealers :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they weren't bs'ing me! Got an email yesterday afternoon. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning :) 174 days of waiting will soon be DONE!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think it is electronically posted to Cars.com when the cars are allocated to the dealership at port -- before the dealership even receives the cars. The actual allocations are between Lexus and its dealerships based on many other factors.

In my case, I ordered a white one. Saw a black one with the same options that was listed for my dealership on Cars.com. Called the salesperson and told him that I wanted that black car. He did not know about the upcoming allocations, checked with the Sales Mgr to reserve it for me.

Tim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well they weren't bs'ing me! Got an email yesterday afternoon. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning :) 174 days of waiting will soon be DONE!
Congrats!! Damn, that's a long wait!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read the email about car.com and decided to check my area on car.com. To my suprise it showed 34 2012 CT's with Vin#'s listed for my dealer. I printed the list and went to the dealer's lot. I found one 2012 CT that was on the list. I took the list to the Sales Manager. He explained to me this was their new model year allocation of cars that would be arriving over the next 3-6 weeks. He said each dealer based on their sales volume gets an allocation from the manufacturer at the beginning of each new model year. They had received the one CT on the lot the day before my visit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my case, my car came in and four days later it showed up on cars.com under my dealership. So who knows? But its cool that you are getting your car!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts