Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for this car- in Ultrasonic Blue.

I have always purchased cars- never leased. Basically pay CASH or finance and pay off years early (like finance for 5 years and pay off in a year or so)- FICO is 810+.

I was presented with the following offers from two dealers in the past few days:

Brand New- 2015 CT200h F-Sport (MSRP $38,889.00++-/Sales Price $33,883.00++). "CASH- Non Lease".
***Los Angeles Area***

And the other deal with similarly equipped along with Parking Assist and Illuminated door sills, etc. (MSRP $39,918.00++ -
Sales/Lease Price of $33,395.00++).

***was suggested this by the dealer- At this price you could lease it for 2 years and pay it off in 5-6 months if you wanted.

Does what they mentioned on the above deal make sense? Seems like I would be paying interest on the lease, etc.- again I've never leased as I mentioned before.

Thanks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Don't lease. If you know anything about budgeting leasing makes the least sense. If your going to do anything buy it or finance it out right. Your negotiating abilities mean far more than your credit score.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
648 Posts
There are some rare instances when leasing makes sense. For instance before I bought my CT I was considering a Volt. For time they had Volts (which is a $40K car) available for lease for $199/mo. I went to try to get that but by the time I did that deal had ended. But ya I agree for the most part leasing is like renting a house vs. buying a house, not good financially.

·
Registered
246 Posts
the only advantage with leasing is if you are some sort of self-employed professional and then you can use the leasing costs as your expenses (dentist, doctors, real estate agents etc), but thats pretty much it

·
Registered
251 Posts
Last Dec I paid $33.8K for a brand new 2015 CT200h with NAV package and premium package . This is the TOTAL cost including EVERYTHING (title, license plate etc...). Hope that helps

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeh, leasing is tough to swallow if you have always bought your cars outright. I just leased a 2015 F-sport and traded the 2011 CT I bought outright. The lease rate for two years was low at 1.9% and the residual worked in my favour. I will likely buy the car out at the end of the lease, but will also be in the position to swap for a new one should Lexus decide to bump up the hp in the next generation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information and opinions.

Yeah I am hesitant on leasing- granted I can use the deductions on lease for business.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Leasing could be better than buying in times but not always. I have leased my CT and as of few days ago my payoff was higher than residual. Why? Because the resale value of CT and all hybrids have suffered due to lower gas prices. Even if not, it gives time to decide let say two years granted you get a low money actor. In most cases unless you get below 2% to finance it sorta a wash imo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
IMO...in general...Unless you plan to write off the expenses on a business, you should never lease. There's always exceptions, but they are far and few between. You are also locked in, in terms of what you can/cannot do to your car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO...in general...Unless you plan to write off the expenses on a business, you should never lease. There's always exceptions, but they are far and few between. You are also locked in, in terms of what you can/cannot do to your car.
I was planning on tinting granted- not CA legal- probably 3M Crystalline "40" rear glass/rear seat windows/front seat windows and maybe "70" for the windshield.

Then I would have to have tint removed- unless I did the lease/purchase that the other dealer suggested- if allowed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts