Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally if I fill full tank, the crusing range will show 404km or 395km. Then it’ll show about 200km when the needle indicates half tank. But these days I refill just a little when I need, then the needle gauze and the cruising range don’t make sense anymore. It’s only 74kms when it’s close to Half tank. Can anyone help me with an explanation, please? Does it mean my car has a problem?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
411 Posts
Just once in Feb. Then 3 times lately in this month.
Don't keep doing that. It will eventually damage the thing that measures the tank level. But your tank reading seems to be working still... So...
Could it be that the LCD is broken and not display the first digit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't keep doing that. It will eventually damage the thing that measures the tank level. But your tank reading seems to be working still... So...
Could it be that the LCD is broken and not display the first digit?
Won’t do it again 😢 Thank you so much. I’ll get it checked then.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
411 Posts
try resetting the trip meters and see if that cjanges anything. Is your miles per liter reading accurately?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seems a bit low to me. When I fill, I get a range up in the 750Km range with a full tank. Fuelly shows my furtherest mileage on the tank was 799Km. Perhaps the sensor is already faulty?

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
411 Posts
Seems a bit low to me. When I fill, I get a range up in the 750Km range with a full tank. Fuelly shows my furtherest mileage on the tank was 799Km. Perhaps the sensor is already faulty?
Ahhh, then her sensor is damaged. Because her range only shows @400km when full by her own observation. The car must have two different sensors. One for the gauge and the other for the range calculation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh thanks for that. I should get it checked then. Probably the sensor problem. I’m not the first owner and the mechanic didn’t mention it last time when I got the car there for the 1st check. I didn’t know. Thank you 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts