Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Just curious:

Why do you see the need to ever use the "B" mode? Are you afraid that your brakes are going to overheat? Do you routinely travel down long, steep grades?

I've had a Prius for years and never once used "B" mode and that includes numerous trips over the Grapevine and Cajon pass. I would much rather take advantage of the car's regenerative braking than use the engine to slow the car down.
Doesnt braking with the 'B' mode charge the battery?

I too am having trouble with my cruise control engaging and am wondering if that under 6 miles (my work commute) all the hybrid componants are not up to temperature to where it wont engage. Just beginning to investigate this...

· Registered
52 Posts
I guess it depends on if one considers the hybrid drive as a unit to be the 'engine" or just the internal combustion side. Whatever one calls it, I like the way decel-eration force slows me down 'and' charges the batteries (speeds me up). I always used to try and avoid braking, it being a negative function and all. Now I dig it. well, as long as I am regenerating as much juice from it as I can I.E. braking in time and smoothly. Anyway, the cruise worked fine last night and will check to see what drive mode I am in (D or B). Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.