Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Cruise control installation (with imgs)

34K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  doesitmatter 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, i was dissapointed that my CT hasn't cruise control. So, if you feel the same :), then you will need the folowing stuff:

1. 8463234011 cruise control switch (for cars without PCS)
2. 8463348020 wire
3. 4518676010C0 cover steering wheel
4. screw M5 10mm x2 (i'm not used original)

5. free time ~ 30 min and can of favorite beer :D

The steps:

First of all and important, take off the minus wire from the 12V battery and wait ~2 minutes.

Then take off the covers from the both sides of the steering wheel (use thin screwdriver)

Now we need: from the left side push down lower steel wire and push up upper (look at red circles on image), from the right side only upper.

Carefully pull the driver airbag...

.. and we will see this

yellow circle - wire connection hole
red circles - switch mount holes

Ok, now insert the switch inside and place over holes

Connect wire, screw bolts.. we almost finished

Now, get the driver airbag back (just place it over and push), left cover and new right cover.

Thats it! :cool: Connect the minus to 12V battery and turn the engine ON.
The new green indicator is telling us that now we got CC!!! :D

See less See more
#3 ·
SID - Wow, very ballsy of you to do this install!

YuDanJa - Very good point, I'm sure we'll have one soon.

#5 ·
SID your so cool to have the guts to install that! i think we both have the same model of CT. im also interested of installing this feature, but one thing thats bothering me is that, how can you make sure if (after installing) the cruise control will work for this certain model of CT200h? sorry for the noobie question. Thanks!

#7 · (Edited)
SID your so cool to have the guts to install that! i think we both have the same model of CT.
:cool: thanks! I've got yellow CT, middle version - called "Executive" here.

im also interested of installing this feature, but one thing thats bothering me is that, how can you make sure if (after installing) the cruise control will work for this certain model of CT200h? sorry for the noobie question. Thanks!
the parts i'm used is Toyota common, i mean this switch and connection wire are suitable for almost all Lexus-Toyota models (without PCS option off-course). Yeah, actually it was a little risky, but the price for the whole kit around 60$ (especially if you order them from Toyota parts catalog, not from Lexus), so i decided to go for it ;) If you're not so sure, just take off the driver airbag and look for the CC connection socket, but i'm 100% sure you got it :)

#8 ·
wow horosho!
Spasibo! :D

im curious how much cost the CT200h in Russia?
Well, it's starts from 44000$ for base version.
Next "Executive" is 48600$ (mine)
added: leather, rain and light sensors, key-less entry, parking sensors.

Top "Luxury" is 60700$
added: HDD Navi + remote touch, body dampers, led lights with washer, electric seats, slideroof, Mark Levinson, rear camera, cruise control and so on...

I am with a beautiful russian woman in my life and i am planning to visit soon st pete and moscow!
wow! You're lucky man :p
Always welcome, glad to see you! It's nice weather here now...

#13 ·
@SID hi Sid!! Good news, I got the package from Sewell awhile ago. when I got home, I unpack the package at once and installed the cruise control kit. It took me less than 5mins because of your write up! Cool! Thanks man! Drove the CT and tested the cruise control. It works perfectly!

Regarding the damper, i will assemble it as soon as I have time this weekend.

#17 ·
I know this post is old but I would like to offer my thanks to the original poster for such a thoughtfully written account including parts numbers. I have ordered the parts from my UK Lexus dealer and these will be fitted next month. I always thought that all our was lacking was cruise control. I can do without the leather seats, the heated mirrors and seat and the built in sat nav but the cruise control is something which I don't like to be without. My UK dealer who has been very helpful has never been asked to provide parts for retro-fitting cruise control...somewhat surprisingly! If any uk members are interested, Antony Wilson At Lexus Hatfield is the man to speak to.

#19 ·
Certainly, the CT has fallen victim to cost engineering in good old rip off UK. Nobody in UK had a space saver spare tyre for example, everyone had a little pot of goo (which costs about 180 dollars to replace when it is 3 years old and when used to repair the tyre, renders the tyre completely useless beyond its trip to the dealer for a replacement) and a compressor.

#21 ·
I wasn't feeling sufficiently confident to tackle the air bag but having seen the task in photos, I sent the list of parts to my dealers and asked them to fit the switch during the next scheduled service. Either they ordered the wrong part number for the steering wheel cover, or the number is listed here incorrectly since the item which arrived didn't have the hole in it for the switch to pass through. This is an easily solved minor glitch. The point is, I now have fully functional cruise control. Thanks for the useful information OP. For those of you in UK who may be interested, I had the work done at Lexus Hatfield. The chap who dealt with my enquiry can be contacted on AntonyWilson@lookers.co.uk This isn't the first time that Lookers have helped me out with out of the ordinary work requests with retro fitting option parts and I can thoroughly recommend them.

#23 ·
SID you are a legend! your photo walkthrough made this task look so easy that even i decided to have a pop at it! I used to work at Toyota so looked at ordering the parts from them instead, was a lot cheaper than Lexus too at £101 inclusive of VAT. 20 mins later and I'm cruising down the road, literally. I was a bit nervous about removing the drivers airbag to be honest, but actually was way easier than i thought.
Many thanks SID!

#25 ·
H All,
Many thanks OP and others this has given me the confidence to get started.

I was thinking of doing it myself.

Just wondering if I could buy the non-genuine part (inparticular) L84632-34011 Switch, A/Drive from eBay which will cost~£15 compared to over £100?

Alternatively, I could by the full steering wheel from a breakers whichinclude the CC bits for ~£70, I think.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

#28 ·
Ok, i was dissapointed that my CT hasn't cruise control. So, if you feel the same :), then you will need the folowing stuff:

1. 8463234011 cruise control switch (for cars without PCS)
2. 8463348020 wire
3. 4518676010C0 cover steering wheel
4. screw M5 10mm x2 (i'm not used original)

5. free time ~ 30 min and can of favorite beer :D

The steps:

First of all and important, take off the minus wire from the 12V battery and wait ~2 minutes.

Then take off the covers from the both sides of the steering wheel (use thin screwdriver)

Now we need: from the left side push down lower steel wire and push up upper (look at red circles on image), from the right side only upper.

Carefully pull the driver airbag...

.. and we will see this

yellow circle - wire connection hole
red circles - switch mount holes

Ok, now insert the switch inside and place over holes

Connect wire, screw bolts.. we almost finished

Now, get the driver airbag back (just place it over and push), left cover and new right cover.

Thats it! :cool: Connect the minus to 12V battery and turn the engine ON.
The new green indicator is telling us that now we got CC!!! :D
Hello Sid, I can't seem to view the images relating to your Cruise control installation.

#34 ·
Just wanted to say thank you for this. I had registered a long time ago but lost my username but I'm back with another and I finally got this installed.

Couldnt believe how easy it was and £12 well spent! Though it's odd to not see the speed on the screen as with other cars! Hugely appreciated though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.