Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wasn't feeling sufficiently confident to tackle the air bag but having seen the task in photos, I sent the list of parts to my dealers and asked them to fit the switch during the next scheduled service. Either they ordered the wrong part number for the steering wheel cover, or the number is listed here incorrectly since the item which arrived didn't have the hole in it for the switch to pass through. This is an easily solved minor glitch. The point is, I now have fully functional cruise control. Thanks for the useful information OP. For those of you in UK who may be interested, I had the work done at Lexus Hatfield. The chap who dealt with my enquiry can be contacted on [email protected] This isn't the first time that Lookers have helped me out with out of the ordinary work requests with retro fitting option parts and I can thoroughly recommend them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SID you are a legend! your photo walkthrough made this task look so easy that even i decided to have a pop at it! I used to work at Toyota so looked at ordering the parts from them instead, was a lot cheaper than Lexus too at £101 inclusive of VAT. 20 mins later and I'm cruising down the road, literally. I was a bit nervous about removing the drivers airbag to be honest, but actually was way easier than i thought.
Many thanks SID!

·
Registered
1 Posts
SID you are a legend! your photo walkthrough made this task look so easy that even i decided to have a pop at it! I used to work at Toyota so looked at ordering the parts from them instead, was a lot cheaper than Lexus too at £101 inclusive of VAT. 20 mins later and I'm cruising down the road, literally. I was a bit nervous about removing the drivers airbag to be honest, but actually was way easier than i thought.
Many thanks SID!
Hello everyone! I'm in Uk. London. Will anyone help me with some advice or even do it for me. I'm in the same situation like you without cruise control. Thanks a million

·
Registered
1 Posts
H All,
Many thanks OP and others this has given me the confidence to get started.

I was thinking of doing it myself.

Just wondering if I could buy the non-genuine part (inparticular) L84632-34011 Switch, A/Drive from eBay which will cost~£15 compared to over £100?

Alternatively, I could by the full steering wheel from a breakers whichinclude the CC bits for ~£70, I think.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi SID, you are really my rock star! In Denmar, the car import TAX is 180% which means that we need to pay 280% car price. So a lot of LEXUS sold in Denmark are super crappy. I just bought a 2011 CT200h without CC, you really save my right foot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, i was dissapointed that my CT hasn't cruise control. So, if you feel the same :), then you will need the folowing stuff:

1. 8463234011 cruise control switch (for cars without PCS)
2. 8463348020 wire
3. 4518676010C0 cover steering wheel
4. screw M5 10mm x2 (i'm not used original)

5. free time ~ 30 min and can of favorite beer :D

The steps:

First of all and important, take off the minus wire from the 12V battery and wait ~2 minutes.

Then take off the covers from the both sides of the steering wheel (use thin screwdriver)

Now we need: from the left side push down lower steel wire and push up upper (look at red circles on image), from the right side only upper.

Carefully pull the driver airbag...

.. and we will see this

yellow circle - wire connection hole
red circles - switch mount holes

Ok, now insert the switch inside and place over holes

Connect wire, screw bolts.. we almost finished

Now, get the driver airbag back (just place it over and push), left cover and new right cover.

Thats it! :cool: Connect the minus to 12V battery and turn the engine ON.
The new green indicator is telling us that now we got CC!!! :D
Hello Sid, I can't seem to view the images relating to your Cruise control installation.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts