Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has the tax credit for hybrids completely gone away now?

Indiana has a credit for Electric cars, but I can't seem to find any credit now for a hybrid anywhere.

Thanks,
Shane

·
Registered
283 Posts
So has the tax credit for hybrids completely gone away now?

Indiana has a credit for Electric cars, but I can't seem to find any credit now for a hybrid anywhere.

Thanks,
Shane
That's what we were told for last years taxes, as the wife purchased a new Prius last spring.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Federal Tax credits for Hybrids expired 12/31/2010

The only tax credits remaining are for all-electric cars (including the Volt).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah it figures, as soon as I start actually consider buying a hybrid the tax credit expires... Definitely don't see myself going the electric route.

On a non-related note - since I noticed your username Shane.. Boiler Up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it figures, as soon as I start actually consider buying a hybrid the tax credit expires... Definitely don't see myself going the electric route.

On a non-related note - since I noticed your username Shane.. Boiler Up!

Shouldn't it be Makers All! now? I hate that new saying. I'm sticking with Boiler UP Hammer DOWN.

Yes I'm a Purdue grad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When people buy electric cars, they get federal tax credits. Now, there are a growing number of third-party companies that convert regular cars to electric vehicles, and those cars are eligible for the EV tax credit too. A selling point for electric vehicles, besides never paying for gas again, is that the federal government will knock $7,500 off the buyers’ tax bills. Some converted electric cars still get the EV tax credit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts