Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just wanted know if anyone here is getting creases on their leather seat this early on. I just recently bought a CT with black leather and it only has 340 miles on the ODO and I’m noticing creases in the seat bottom or the perforated portion of the leather seats. It is more apparent near the corners and edges of the perforated leather. I have it both on the driver and passenger seat. I’m only 165 pounds and car is always parked in the garage with very limited exposure to the sun or heat. I was going to put a leather conditioner on it but decided to wait and have my dealer take a look at this weekend during my complementary inspection.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Yes. I'm having the same issues. I guess the leather just doesn't wear well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the ecru Nuluxe and have about 4,500 miles...not a single crease. I was going to post on this subject but then saw this topic. It is amazing how well the Nuluxe holds up so far...I also had a spot that someone spilled on the passenger front seat and it wiped right off...if this stuff continues to impress, I'm impressed with it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the ecru Nuluxe and have about 4,500 miles...not a single crease. I was going to post on this subject but then saw this topic. It is amazing how well the Nuluxe holds up so far...I also had a spot that someone spilled on the passenger front seat and it wiped right off...if this stuff continues to impress, I'm impressed with it.
Ditto, 2100 miles and the Nuluxe is looking perfect! =]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ditto, 2100 miles and the Nuluxe is looking perfect! =]
Too funny.. I don't think the leather guys want to hear about our quasi vinyl not getting a crease. The Black Nuluxe seems to accumulate marks from anything that touches it.

To the leather guys.. I think I saw there is a service bulletin on some Leather Headrests getting wrinkles. It did say just headrests, but you might want to look into it more... I can try to find the SB#...

·
Registered
394 Posts
yes please. I'm curious now.
L-SB-0034-11

Some 2011 CT200h vehicles with leather seats may exhibit excessively wrinkled leather of the backside of the headrests. Can affect both front and rear seat headrests. The leather on the back of the headrests has been changed to minimize this condition.

Production change effective VIN - JTHKD5BH#B2020990

I signed up for a one day subscription of the Toyota Service website a few months ago. I found the TSBs at the time there. Since it is a few months later, there might be new TSBs. Maybe we should try to have someone jump on there once every month and check for new info. I would have liked to save the whole shebang, but when one gets in to the actual repair/maintenance section, it's like hyper-linked web pages. Not easy to save since each step might have a link to another section. Impossible to organize on an individual computer and massive number of pages too.

The only other TSBs at that time were the door handle which I gave that number on that thread and one about "Hard start or Poor Idle after 12 Volt Power interruption."

L-TT-0055-11

Vehicle maybe hard to start or have poor idle.. etc..

Talks about deposits in throttle body and how to clean them out. (doesn't seem related to the 12 volt system much.. ??)

·
Registered
48 Posts
What might help is the product I'm now testing to minimize rubbing on the high, sharp seat bolsters. It's "Leather Scent-S," from Leather Doctor.

The product description is a bit unusual, but Roger Koh, who sells (and, I think, manufactures) this product along with many, many other leather-care offerings (the proper choice and application of which would require hours of study), told me it will work.

Here's what he says about it:

"Leather Doctor® Leather Scent-S
It’s for Pure-Aniline, Nubuck, Suede, Hair-On-Hide and Woolskin leather types.
This is a non-film forming, non-stick rub-resistant protector that enhances a natural silky-feel with a classic leather scent.
It imparts a non-stick surface essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling including the nasty ballpoint ink.
And it does help to release those tenacious dye-transfer stains especially on light colored leathers easily without resorting to unnecessary color refinishing.
Its natural silky-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion.
And it reduces friction squeaks that wear the finishes when leather is rubbed against during movement.
This product is also available in concentrate to be cut with distilled water at a ratio of 1: 9½.
Thus a 120ml bottle makes 1.39 quarts of Ready-To-Use product to save on shipping.
Ready-To-Use packing sizes are available in 250ml and in Quart.
Concentrate packing sizes are available in 120ml (1.39 quarts), 250ml (2.77 quarts) and in Quart (10.5 quarts).
Email [email protected] for prices.
Note:
To reduce sheen and scent add Silky Feel-43
Instruction:
1] Identify, inspect and dry soil removal prior to application.
2] Shake well, fine mists spray on cleaned surface (airbrushing is preferred on nubuck to avoid spits).
3] Groom nubuck with Nubuck Brush-2 for a “finger writing effect”. "

The only things I can say about it for now are that it doesn't change the feel or appearance of the leather and that it smells good, if you like the smell of leather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.