Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone?

And a word to the wise: use great caution when parallel parking. Even the protruding rib on some tires (like the Michelins that came on my CT200h) offers little protection against curbs.

One brief contact chewed up about six inches of wheel surface. Gouged, pitted, seemingly beyond repair. Or maybe not? Anyone know?

What a crappy day.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was quoted about £1,200 for a replacement set of Lexus 4 x16" rims recently when I was wondering about buying a set to put my winter tyres on.

That's about $480 each. I hope US prices are lower.

My sympathies.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If the wheel is REALLY expensive from the factory, like $500+ it might be cheaper to repair it.

Have a photo of the damage?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Anyone?

And a word to the wise: use great caution when parallel parking. Even the protruding rib on some tires (like the Michelins that came on my CT200h) offers little protection against curbs.

One brief contact chewed up about six inches of wheel surface. Gouged, pitted, seemingly beyond repair. Or maybe not? Anyone know?

What a crappy day.
Sewell Lexus probably best price.

Wheel repair services usually run $120 - $200 maybe more cost effective to buy a new rim and keep the old one as a spare.

Set of F sport rims if they are ever available run around $850 if memory serves.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had good luck with RimGuard in my area. Charged me like $95 a few years ago to fix a curbed rim a few years ago.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Anyone?

What a crappy day.
I hit a pothole back in the spring and had to replace a 17" base mag and it cost me $732.80 CAD for a new one (part only). Plus a $9.95 charge (might be the valve).

I've got a bit of curb rash on 2 of my mags. I guess that is the perils of low profile tires- sigh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts