Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called today telling me there is a Lexus recall on the coolant in the CT. He needs the car for a few hours and will take care of it tomorrow. There was no indication of any problem. I had stopped by last week because my passenger door trim had popped of for the first time and they suprisingly had the new part in stock and had the car fixed in half an hour.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I called my dealer today, and at least in Canada, no known recalls.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the service done today. The ticket said the concern was:

BLE-LIMITED SERVICE CAMPAIGN BLE - CERTAIN 2011 CT200H VEHICLES - IMPROPER CONCENTRATION OF SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT NOT COMPLETED

It appears they had to adjust the consistency of the coolant to 50/50 ( or so that's what it said the correction was)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how urgent it is, but my dealer wanted me to come in pretty quickly. I figured I didn't want the wrong mix of chemicals running through the car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think all the cars were recalled. Mine was one of the early ones. We've had the car over 6 months.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine was one of the first also, actually the first one the dealer received and I haven't been notified of any recall yet nor ay my 5K service last month. May just be those within a certain build range where they determined there was a problem with the mix.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called my dealer today, and at least in Canada, no known recalls.
Currently at the dealer for service and confirm the stock coolant is rated -30C and will replace it with rated -45 coolant. I would recommend to change it before winter livng in Toronto.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The service ticket actually says "
"BLE-Limited service campaign BLE- Certain 2011 CT200h vehicles- improper concentration of super long life coolant not completed. On certain2 011 model year CT200h vehicles, the engine hybrid system may have been filled with an improper mixture of coolant.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. I got mine March 12th and didn't get notified of a recall...yet. Must be for a very limited range of vehicles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Matt,

We got ours right around the same time, March 17 pickup. We didn't get a notice yet, but the dealer called saying our VIN number was in the effected batch and they took care of it the next day. I'd check with your dealer since I'm assuming our manufacture dates are pretty close to each other. Good Luck,

Jay

·
Registered
134 Posts
Currently at the dealer for service and confirm the stock coolant is rated -30C and will replace it with rated -45 coolant. I would recommend to change it before winter livng in Toronto.
Did the dealer acknowledge the -30 coolant and made the change? I'd hate to go back again to the dealer without anything concrete this time around.

Would you be able to supply a service code, Technical service bulletin number, or any description like jennjay provided for the US market? Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did the dealer acknowledge the -30 coolant and made the change? I'd hate to go back again to the dealer without anything concrete this time around.

Would you be able to supply a service code, Technical service bulletin number, or any description like jennjay provided for the US market? Thanks!
I was in there for my first service (1.6K) and mentioned about reading this issue online. The rep gave me these details and said it's a 2-3 hour job. Told me they can get it done on the same day but I was not prepare to wait at the dealer that long. Said I'll come back in 2 months to get it done or wait until my 8K service.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was in there for my first service (1.6K) and mentioned about reading this issue online. The rep gave me these details and said it's a 2-3 hour job. Told me they can get it done on the same day but I was not prepare to wait at the dealer that long. Said I'll come back in 2 months to get it done or wait until my 8K service.
There will be a recall issued to affected VINs. Apparently there are 400 of them (not sure if that's Canada, US, both, or globally). Mine is one of them. My CT was produced in Feb 2011, delivered to me in mid March.

So the dealer just officially got this word from Lexus head office yesterday. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get the coolant flushed tomorrow to the 50:50 mix. It's a 2-3 hr job as stated. Thanks for your posts jennjay and thomasnsx.

·
Registered
34 Posts
got mine done in september, i took delivery in july

·
Registered
16 Posts
There will be a recall issued to affected VINs. Apparently there are 400 of them (not sure if that's Canada, US, both, or globally). Mine is one of them. My CT was produced in Feb 2011, delivered to me in mid March.

So the dealer just officially got this word from Lexus head office yesterday. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get the coolant flushed tomorrow to the 50:50 mix. It's a 2-3 hr job as stated. Thanks for your posts jennjay and thomasnsx.
Wow...only 400? Ours was one of them - had it done last Saturday.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got the call yesterday to come in for the recall. Were also offered a free tank of gas and a loaner... Declined the loaner (no need) but taking the free gas of course.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got the call yesterday to come in for the recall. Were also offered a free tank of gas and a loaner... Declined the loaner (no need) but taking the free gas of course.
Which dealersip did you go to?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts