Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got the car for about 3 weeks now and was just entering the freeway earlier and the coolant light came on for about 1 minute and off and nothing has happen after that. Should I just check the coolant level tomorrow morning and fill up if necessary or call the dealer? It's only about 500 miles so I was a bit disappointed to see this warning light came on so soon. Does it happen to any one?

Thanks,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
definitely!!! I would have gone today if it opened. checked the coolant this morning and of course it's full. But there's got something wrong, like the recall..may be as t.dotCT has mentioned...Thanks !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
called the service dept earlier and the guy said if it happened again and stayed on then bring it in, otherwise it's okay ???!!!!???

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just had my 5000k service and right AFTER the light came on briefly and then off. I called in and they also confirmed that there is a known issue with leakage. After a 24 hour maintenance, they replaced a part, took a picture of it at the request of Lexus and I have my car back... all seems well now.

I would definitely recommend getting it fixed because if you run out of coolant due to a leak you can cause some major damage to your shiny new toy.

Easily enough, you can open up the hood and look at the coolant tank (left side) and see what your level was. After being filled the previous day, mine was at almost empty: there was clearly a leak...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone else have this issue? I'm a bit worried about having a recall so soon...

I just checked my VIN for the door handle issue and it seems my car has the revised part already since my car was manufactured after.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer informing me about the coolant recall. He said they need the car a few hours and will provide a loaner, of course. I had not noticed any issues with the car and my coolant light never went on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts