Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool :D:
- Central cup holders light changes color depending on your drive mode, blue or red (found out after I read about it on the forum).
- Foot light (under the side mirrors) turns on at night when you are near the car.
- For those with navi, the joystick returns to a zero position when the car is turned off.
- Personalized settings based on user preferences.
- Lock / unlock system with remote key.
- Option to tilt down my side mirrors when I back up.
- Side mirrors have a slightly dark tint on them.

Not-so-cool :(:
- Engine noise if I attempt to go fast (sounds like the engine is going to explode).
- For those with navi, why do I need two "Enter" buttons... would've been better if the right side "Enter" button was a "track up / down" button(s).
- Glove compartment is so small I almost cannot fit the user manual.
- Rear license plate lights are not LED like on other Lexus vehicles (I changed them already though).
- No option to fold in side mirrors when I'm parked.
- Gear shifter (like the Prius) is not intuitive IMHO, not to mention it is hideous.
- Central console is not ergonomic, unless I am expected to have extra long arms I almost cannot reach the radio buttons (track, etc.).
- Flip navi/screen looks cool but not practical... it is just waiting to get broken.

Please feel free to add yours.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Those rearview mirrors are HUGE!

As for your concern with the center console, how often do you use those buttons, your nav controller and steering buttons should be able to do everything there.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Very good write up :)

There are two enter buttons because if the passenger wants to use the remote-touch while you are driving.

And as I work with ergonomics, I think the central console was designed really well. Reach is only a one-way constraint and I am sure they tried to fit it to 90% of the population as is the standard with most products, if you are unable to reach you might be a limiting user and it is unfortunate. When looking at your anthropometrics your arms may be considering short for your body proportions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Those rearview mirrors are HUGE!
actually, the rearview mirror was too small for me - i added a clipon Razo 11" mirror and my visibility is vastly improved.

note: i don't have the compass/homelink mirror so maybe it is smaller on the base premium.

·
Registered
199 Posts
There is a spot in the trunk designed to fit the "large" owners manual. Just put the "quick reference" guide in the glove box.

The gear shifter you get used to very quickly. I like quickly shifting to B mode for hills and engine braking and back to D. Its actually faster than with a standard automatic shift lever.

Strange, I found the center console VERY ergonomic. Everything is right within reach, especially the A/C controls. How far back are you sitting???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lots of cool stuff, however i would recommend the following additions on new model:
- Fold down armrest for rear passengers
- Longer armrest (adjustable sliding) over center console for driver
- Additional DC outlets, at least add one for rear passengers on back of center console
- More storage compartments and nooks (misc odds & ends)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The engine noise at high speed acceleration concerns me as well, is this normal? I worry im going to blow the thing up. Ive never owned anything less than a V-8 and have never driven a 4 cylinder. So maybe this is just normal? Other than that i love everything else about this car!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
That sound is expected, I work my 2nd gen Prius hard (my mpg avg at 42mpg all stock proves it), no engine problems at 130k miles (knocking on wood)...

·
Registered
15 Posts
It can't over rev so just hammer down and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very good write up :)

There are two enter buttons because if the passenger wants to use the remote-touch while you are driving.

And as I work with ergonomics, I think the central console was designed really well. Reach is only a one-way constraint and I am sure they tried to fit it to 90% of the population as is the standard with most products, if you are unable to reach you might be a limiting user and it is unfortunate. When looking at your anthropometrics your arms may be considering short for your body proportions.
I'm probably just too short? I am 5' 6"...

I also agree with the comment that I wish there was more storage spaces inside... my old Camry had many compartments/slots that are actually very useful.

·
Registered
109 Posts
actually, the rearview mirror was too small for me - i added a clipon Razo 11" mirror and my visibility is vastly improved.

note: i don't have the compass/homelink mirror so maybe it is smaller on the base premium.
I meant the outside rearview mirrors, for a small car its huge! As for the inside rearview window, that is normal-small I agree.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another Not So Cool Item

So I used the Settings feature to keep the tachometer displayed all the time, because I like driving in Eco mode for obvious reasons, and it seems more intuitive to me to see the engine not revving as a visual cue to EV driving. Why does the vacuum gauge display override this setting when the car has the cruise control on? Seems like somebody missed this in the programming department. Same is true in Sport mode...Anybody have an answer? Bueller?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cool :D:
+ Keyless entrance, I will never be able to live with a car that dosnt have it again!
+ Electrical power.. just gliding down the street without any noise at all
+ The LED-lights are very very good
+ The chairs, I sit soo good in them
+ Cost, its insanely much cheaper every month than my toyota avensis was!
+ The design and quality
+ Customisation of settings
+ A very good owners manual including close to everything
+ Inside rear view mirror with the backupcamera display

Not-so-cool :(:
- Green illumination of radio and center console. And status symbols. I want it white like the rest!
- Non leds for licens plate, was easy and cheap to fix but hey, that should be standard
- A very bad base stereo, are there only deaf ppl in development?
- A little to much road noise, think they can do that better.
- No DC output for rear seat passangers (my son isn't happy about this hehe)
- No foldable armrest in rear seat
- Middle armrest is to far back for me, have to have my elbow on the hard plastic part
- The display changes screen all the damn time, I choos one screen but it changes for example when I set the cruise control
- No good momentary fuel consumption display with numbers. The line isnt very easy to see the exact consumption.

- Glove compartment is so small I almost cannot fit the user manual.
- No option to fold in side mirrors when I'm parked.
I like the glove compartment, use to be filled with junk, its better to give the extra room to the legs :)
Electrical foldable side mirrors was an option to the car.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Electrical folding mirrors aren't available in the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cool
-smooth ride w/plenty of pep
-mpg
-door entry/locks
-seat comfort
-new car smell
-getting to park right by apt building door in hybrid parking spot of garage

Not Cool
-lack of one touch moonroof close