Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the car has been off for a while and I start it, the consumption bar graph shows I've consumed over 30L/100kms in the last minute even though this isn't really the case. Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um that's not consumption buddy. That's MPG.
my95tsi, that's fuel consumption graph, which shows the consumption on 1-minute intervals.

So, what I want to know is if your car also shows having consumed a lot of fule when you start the car after it's bee off for a while. In the U.S. the displayed bar would be the opposite, as it's MPG rather than Litres/100kms.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Of course it's normal. The engine kicks in and in slow speed or while standing it needs a lot of fuel to warm up the system. Even the second and third bar may be at 20-30 l/100km.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Absolutely normal. The engine needs to warm up not only to its ambient temperature, but also depending on your location and your need of internal heat etc. Plus it also has to charge the battery depending on the duration the car was shut off.

·
Registered
990 Posts
my95tsi, that's fuel consumption graph, which shows the consumption on 1-minute intervals.

So, what I want to know is if your car also shows having consumed a lot of fule when you start the car after it's bee off for a while. In the U.S. the displayed bar would be the opposite, as it's MPG rather than Litres/100kms.
Well then this graph mean something different in other countries. In the US is MPG by the minute.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts