Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the supermarket the other day and browsed the latest issue of Consumer Reports and their annual best car piece.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the CT200H was NUMBER 1 on their most reliable list. Cheers everyone! High fives, head nods of approval, big hugs and chest bumps all around! :)

Car reliability, most reliable cars

·
Registered
44 Posts
agree on the " no problems " consensus. However the " I hate the XM radio " crowd are certainly correct. where is the latest thread on this propblem? anybody at all having luck on getting a straight answer from Lexux on this?

·
Registered
371 Posts
agree on the " no problems " consensus. However the " I hate the XM radio " crowd are certainly correct. where is the latest thread on this propblem? anybody at all having luck on getting a straight answer from Lexux on this?
My dealer said that XM radio in the CT sounds normal (mono and no fidelity) yet the dealer also said the XM radio in the new GS sounds much better with good separation and fidelity... Sounds like a radio issue to me. The bottom line is my dealer won't do anything about it because the XM radio sounds like every other CT XM radio -- so, it's not a problem according to them. Both of my other cars with XM radio sound sooooo much better than the CT.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh and I thought that's how normal XM sounded. I have never had XM before the CT. When I listen KIIS on XM and KIIS on FM, the FM version actually sounded better to me. And BT streaming from iPhone is way way better than both. I just got the XM renewal notice in mail with 6 months for $29.xx.. which is actually higher than the $24.xx they offered on the phone when they called me earlier.

BTW, the XM radio doesn't seem to buffer the station (I guess to make switching stations faster), so every time I go under any overpass the radio cuts off. It is very annoying when in downtown area where overpasses are like every other block.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there's another thread in the forums about this XM problem. I think a petition is going around, but who knows if it will go anywhere. I had Sirius XM on my last car and it sounded way better. the XM in the CT sounds dull and muddled. I only listen to XM so I have gotten used to it. But whenever I switch to IPOD or FM, the sound is crazy clearer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Choosing a car that best fit for you is sometimes hard to do. Consumer Reports can help you when it comes to reliability matter. Every year, it releases a list of the most and least dependable car models. The rank of vehicle types is based on customer surveys. Get more information here: Consumer Reports Best Cars List.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts