Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One concern my wife and I have is the apparent lack of rear cargo space. I am at work and today is the first time my wife and I considered a CT200h as a new car option so we have not gone to look at these in person. Is the space really as limiting as it looks in pictures? I fully understand it is a compact car but is it really all that compact? This will be replacing my Mitsubishi Montero sport. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks I appreciate it! Eventually we will get down to a dealership and check them out. I just wanted to get as much info going in as I can

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Almost as much room as our BMW 325 xi wagon

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have made several trips home from Lowe's with 8ft. trim boards loaded-- yes it goes up to the passenger-side glove box (pad with rags to prevent scratches), but works nonentheless. My wife has a 3-row crossover, and only actually has about an extra 6" when doing the same thing, so 10ft. boards are a no-go either way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do quite a bit of fly fishing and as a result carry a lotof gear in the car. I was concerned withthe interior space also, moving down from an MDX. I found that the space ismore than adequate with the only problem being on long trips with anotherperson (2X the gear) I can’t see the entire back window. It’s surprisingly spacious.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I came from a Honda Pilot so it feels like I lost 10 times the space but dropping even one of the back seats allows for some pretty good options (like Bogner47 says).
I made the decision to move to a small extremely fuel efficient vehicle so I have no complaints - sure it may require a few extra steps to drop a seat or figure out how to pack something back there but I am prepared to do that. And everytime I go to the gas station (or don't haha) I feel really good about making this decision!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks for all the input everyone. Im with you coubs in that I understand moving to a smaller more gas friendly vehicle will have an initial shock in the "lack" of space but sometimes adjustments have to be made and for me to go from ~16mpg in my montero sport to 40mpg seems like a slam dunk no brainer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts