Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to adjust the color and tone in the nav screen as described in the manual?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Lucy,

Not completely sure since I haven't tested it out yet, but I'd assume that it would only pop up when you're adjusting the screen while a DVD is inserted. It sounds like something that could be adjusted when you're watching a movie or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your note Matt.

When I insert a DVD the system rejects it, says it only accepts CDs...

Maybe I need to try another DVD??

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Hm. Well, in order to watch DVDs, the car must be turned on all the way and in park. Or in accessory mode, position two. Let me try it and I'll get back to you with some results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt - You are awesome to help with this. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Yes

There is no problem as long as the car is on and stationary!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Lucy, it looks like the DVD option is only available outside the US.

My CT 200h is fully loaded and I looked through the manual. It looks like for our cars, our button is labeled "CD", which means we can only play CDs and MP3 CDs. In the UK, for example, their button is labeled "DISC", which means they can play DVDs as well when parked. BOO!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for confirming! I was suspecting something like that. Will ask my dealer at the 1k checkup if there is a software update. Double Boo!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Thanks for confirming! I was suspecting something like that. Will ask my dealer at the 1k checkup if there is a software update. Double Boo!
I doubt this is a software upgrade,.

Video will require new hardware in all probability.

It's amazing how many differences there are across markets !!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
No way the USA would ever allow a DVD player to be on the flip up LCD screen in front of the driver. We have enough accidents here from distracted drivers. Bring along a DVD player or iPad to watch videos but not while you're driving please!

·
Registered
15 Posts
DVDs are playable on the front screen in most every other Lexus in North America with ML systems. As a safety feature, they can only normally be played while the car is stationary and with the parking brake on.

However, here are many work-arounds ("hacks") to defeat this feature. Not saying that it should be done, but it can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts