Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from North Carolina,

I recently graduated from a small school and began my career in health care a little over a year ago. I am commuting 50 miles round trip daily along i95 and needed to trade in my 05 Honda CR-V for something with better gas mileage. I found a used 2012 CT200h, fully loaded, at a steal price from the local Honda dealership, with 28,500 miles on it. I knew I needed to spoil myself a little bit, and bought the car on Monday after test driving it Saturday. I am in love with it! Still getting used to the SUV-to-car transition, but shouldn't take long. Also love the self-competition to get the best gas mileage around town and while on my work commute. Sad to say goodbye to my 05 CR-V that was so good to me the last 8 years through high school and college, but now all grown up, and I am ecstatic with a car that looks more professional than any on the road!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the ct200h family!! I too went from a full sized SUV to my ct and, yes, it takes a bit getting used to such a smaller and less powerful vehicle, but it's a blast to drive and I've gone from 12 mpg to 40 mpg!!! AND, my first fillup was $19 vrs $75...what a difference. Enjoy your new car!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on your career start and new Lexus. I just got mine too, transitioned from Prius so not so much shock except enjoying much better sound system and ride quality.

·
Registered
383 Posts
welcome to the forum and the Lexus Hybrid family.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the love.
Filled up for the first time yesterday (dealer did full fillup when I bought the car).

401.6 miles on 8.312 gallons. If I remember math correctly - that is 48.3 MPG!!

And a very exciting change to spend less than $30 especially with summer gas prices on the rise. I know the gas light hadn't come on yet, but I wanted to go ahead and fill up anyways. Very easy to hit 500 miles on one small tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts