Premium Member
661 Posts
COCO is a pretty one. Congratulations!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Max12 and darkride,

I have a question about using my iPad 2 as navi and BTA iTunes... what do you guys think of this set up? If you don't like it what suggestions do you have.... Thank You.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Seems like it would be hard to see around. How is the visibility when it is there?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I agree with Max, is the view obstructed with it there.

I've worked a bit with ergonomics and the viewing areas in vehicles and how slight changes in obstructed views can prove fatal to pedestrians or increase the potential for accidents. And I've always thought the rearview mirror was already low and big in the CT blocked more of the view then needed. Just be cautious :) Don't want you hurting yourself or your CT.

From the 2nd picture, it seems you have a device holder in place to the right of the mode-selector. Does that have the capability of holding your ipad. If so you could place it there and have it tilted up and towards you.

Another question, just out of curiosity how is the nav on the ipad, is it delayed?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Kind of an update. There are a bunch of solutions out there if the device holder from Lexus doesn't work. There are a few products from a company called RAM that makes Ipad mounts.

Some of them are pretty cool such as cupholder mount

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't think that would fly here. Too big of obstruction. If you look at LEO squad vehicles their lap top is below console . I believe if it cluttered their view and had an accident some city would be footing a big bill.
I like the one Darkside posted and may try one down the road...

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I don't think that would fly here. Too big of obstruction. If you look at LEO squad vehicles their lap top is below console . I believe if it cluttered their view and had an accident some city would be footing a big bill.
I like the one Darkside posted and may try one down the road...
LOL :) calling "darkride" darkside Was that a Freudian slip ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Beautiful car. Is this the color that was replaced with mercury gray in 2012? I don't see how they could improve on it, unless they thought it was too close to black. If so, this will be the rare color. I love it, it would be sad to see it go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts