Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Quick search didn't yield any results.

I have a 2012 premium, bought it 3 weeks ago with 73k. i LOVE this car. Toyota service center flushed the transmission fluid 2 weeks ago. I put about 1500 miles on it so far. 600 past weekend trip.

coming home from the trip, getting off freeway and driving around town i notice a 2-3 clunks / studder when coming to a stop. I believe it's when the drive is transitioning from ICE to EV. It doesn't always do it, almost like only when it's been driven for a while. it FEELS like it's coming from the rear end, but i know there is nothing back there, right?

It DEF feels like something is engaging / disengaging not so smoothly. and in trying to repeat it over and over, it really seems like it's when it's running on ICE then apply the brakes fairly abruptly like getting off a short off ramp to a dead stop, then when the green EV lights up i feel / hear 2-3 clunks. pretty sure it wasn't doing this before, but i'm very new to this car so maybe it was and i just didn't notice it.

That said, pretty sure lexus engineers did not intend for the drive to feel / sound like this. gonna try and take it in to toyota soon, but any help or insite would be great.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Does it happen when you're braking as you come to a stop? Some of us have felt what seems like a clamping and unclamping of some sort of hydraulic device, which I feel is the brake caliper clamping as it transitions from regenerative braking to physical braking. The car is designed to switch to the physical brakes once you're almost stopped to hold the car in place, in case your foot is holding the brake pedal in the regen zone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes raidin. It does this when I come to a complete stop only. Just moments before. It may very well be the regen brake system switching to normal brakes. Is this something other's are familiar with?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Used to happen to me all the time when I purposely try to stop using only the regen brakes. As I slow down, I ease off the brake pedal, and I can hear what I assume is the brake caliper grabbing and letting go because I am confusing it as I try to stop without engaging the friction brakes.

For some reason, I can never get it to happen now. The only thing I can see different is that my brakes are wearing down and are due to being replaced. Once I do, then we'll see if it happens again.

There have been others who have also mentioned this noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. i think describing it as a thud or clunk is a little dramatic. it's really not that bad. took it to toyota and they coudn't even feel it. So i have realized i'm just paranoid. but new to the hybrid! And i really love this car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts