Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something, or when the moonroof is fully opened, do you have to push the close button once to get it to slide, then push it again to get it to tilt down to the completely closed position? Is there not a way to completely close it with one button or motion? Seems like a pretty basic and obvious function that should exist.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Am I missing something, or when the moonroof is fully opened, do you have to push the close button once to get it to slide, then push it again to get it to tilt down to the completely closed position? Is there not a way to completely close it with one button or motion? Seems like a pretty basic and obvious function that should exist.
From the CT manual

Opens the moon roof

Push and hold “OPEN”. The moon roof
tilts up and then opens automatically.

Closes the moon roof

Push and hold “CLOSE”. The moon roof

closes automatically to the tilt up position.
Push and hold “CLOSE” again to
fully close the moon roof.

: Lightly press either of the moon roof
switches to stop the moon roof partway.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yup. It's a two step moonroof. Very poor design choice on Lexus' part. I also don't like how the roof doesn't go into the roof, but goes outside above it. I guess costcutting had to take place.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also don't like how the roof doesn't go into the roof, but goes outside above it. I guess costcutting had to take place.
I think it was more headroom than cost cutting.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
oOOo. Good point there. I didn't think of that. LOL. I guess being 5'3" has its perks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I guess I thought it was cheap because the Scion tc had it too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Matt the tc is a low sitting car also. I guess when your 6'2" you notice these little things. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a FEATURE, not a problem. The idea, as on all Lexus cars, is that the first press, where it leaves the front down, and the back tilted up, is a way of providing draught free fresh air ventilation without opening the windows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a FEATURE, not a problem. The idea, as on all Lexus cars, is that the first press, where it leaves the front down, and the back tilted up, is a way of providing draught free fresh air ventilation without opening the windows.
It would be a feature if it were an option in addition to a one-button closing . That's how the 2006 Honda Civic I just traded in was. With one touch you could either close it all the way, or have it slide closed but remain tilted open. As is, poor design. Love the car, but really poor design on this one detail. Esp since in total there are four buttons to control the moonroof. With four buttons, not one can be dedicated to fully closing the thing?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
LOL. I can see how it could be a problem when you're closing the moonroof RIGHT before you enter a touchless car wash. If you don't remember to hit the button twice, water would end up in your cabin. YIKES.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Noticed this on the test drive, I was gonna ask the same question. It would have been smart that it closed back into tilt position with press of the button, but holding it would take it from fully open to closed.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I also noticed something else the other day, The tilt and open/close buttons on some models are placed on the center console to the right of the remote touch (below mode selector). Is this a European thing or something?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got a sunroof not closed message as I started my car yesterday, and I had pressed the close button a second time. Gotta make sure to double check... (Luckily it was in the garage)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I already complained to Lexus Customer Satisfaction about this, but they played the "feature" card.

The left button says "Open/Close" not "Open/Close most of the way". Close is close.

IMHO the "feature" they should've implemented is, if the sunroof is open & you push the "Tilt" button, the roof goes to tilt position. "Close" ought to close it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I already complained to Lexus Customer Satisfaction about this, but they played the "feature" card.

The left button says "Open/Close" not "Open/Close most of the way". Close is close.

IMHO the "feature" they should've implemented is, if the sunroof is open & you push the "Tilt" button, the roof goes to tilt position. "Close" ought to close it.
I call it Lexus logic...

And for the life of me, I still don't understand why the foot well lights stay on while you're driving at night.:confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Matt: I have great respect for your posts. However, on the subject of the sunroof, I thought that it opened over the roof so as not to cause any encroachment on headroom in the back seats. Regards from Oz.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I call it Lexus logic...

And for the life of me, I still don't understand why the foot well lights stay on while you're driving at night.:confused:
That's part of the ambient lighting system. I actually like that feature, but I agree you should be able to disable it if you don't want it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
On the topic, I wish the sunroof controls were lighted. I always have a hard time finding the one I want at night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts