Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this noise in my car the is driving me absolutely insane! It's nearly impossible to replicate but I hear it daily. I hear it as I go over bumps and also hear it listening to music when certain bass notes hit. I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from though. It sounds like the unsticking of tape but very rapid almost like a clicking sound. It right by my left ear and is coming from somewhere in the upper corner of the door. I tried lubing my door seals to no success. Has anyone heard of this issue and know of a fix? I don't want to bring it to the dealer as I already know they will tell me they can't replicate it. :(

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had this exact same noise. If I crack the window open slightly, it stops. It sounds like it is coming from the upper corner of the window or the B-pillar. Now that the weather is cooler, it has stopped for the moment.

I have a problem with another noise which is coming from the passenger seatback adjustment handle. It vibrates fairly easily over small bumps. I can usually adjust the seatback to get it to stop, but it always returns. I'll have the dealer look at it when I take it in. If it had an electric seat, it wouldn't be an issue!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my ct for a year now and this issue has come and gone pretty much the whole time. Brought it to the dealer a few times, but of course then can't replicate the issue. Initially I thought it was due to some flaps of extra tape vibrating around the metal corners of the door between the door seals and the problem seemed to go away after trimming those pieces off. Now the noise has come back, it seems to be the rubber seals sticking to itself on the inside. Maybe its prone to this in certain weather conditions?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surprisingly enough I brought my car to the dealer and they fixed it! Turns out the door just need to be adjusted. I don't know exactly what they did but the noise is 100% gone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Surprisingly enough I brought my car to the dealer and they fixed it! Turns out the door just need to be adjusted. I don't know exactly what they did but the noise is 100% gone.

Would you be able to inquire what is was exactly they did? Cos I am having that exact same problem, and I am sure many of us are as well. Much appreciate it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts