Lexus CT200h Forums banner

"click" sound when the brake pedal is released

15K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Haha_jizzjizz 
#1 ·
i noticed this today when i drove the CT with the window rolled down in traffic. this happens from stop, when i release the brakes and move the car, i hear a click coming from the outside of the car. i'm not sure if it's the brakes or the transmission. it's not really that loud, but it's audible.

i was wondering what could it be 'cause this is the first time i noticed this. i tried it in reverse, but the clicking sound doesn't happen. has anyone ever noticed this or is this normal? could it be that the brake pads are sticking on the brake disc? but that's unlikely 'cause i noticed this too coming out from the garage. could it be the transmission?

#3 ·
no it's different from that, although i'm aware of that one in the video. mine sounds like a very subtle clunking sound. kind of like 2 metals clunking. and this happens when i move the car forward from braking.

i'm not sure if it's the brakes or the transmission.

#6 ·
So I ended up bring up the issue during my 10k service check - they suspected it had something to do with the brakes as well. However, they didn't find anything wrong with anything, and attributed the noise to the ABS. Since then, however, I haven't heard the clicking noise.

#7 ·
Guys recently I sprayed a detergent cleaning A/C fluid in the airoutlets onthe dashboard, and ever since I get the message on the electronic digital screen "release break padels" without having actually the break foot pressed down.I assume i caused the damage while using the liquid in the air outlets.question now is can this false alarm be disconnected?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.