Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had several cars done including my CT. It's usually around $650 - $700.
Wow, if you're just getting the hood done, the price is around $300. I got a great price and paid $400. for the hood, mirrors and rocker panels.

P.S. Don't get it done at the dealer - find a good local shop. Dealers just bring in those guys to do the work anyways, then mark up the price.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Wow, if you're just getting the hood done, the price is around $300. I got a great price and paid $400. for the hood, mirrors and rocker panels.

P.S. Don't get it done at the dealer - find a good local shop. Dealers just bring in those guys to do the work anyways, then mark up the price.
I disagree. If the dealer does it (even if he uses a bum from under the expressway to do it), you can keep going back and getting it fixed. It is under the Lexus warranty, especially if you have it done at the time of the original sale. I had it "thrown in" for $299 and it shows up on my invoice so it is definitely covered. If you have worked out a deal to buy the car, most dealers will throw it in to seal the deal at their cost, which is probably about $300.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just paid $799 for front bumper, hood, fender, side, rear and door cup.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I go thru a guy I trust with my cars. Always front bumper, headlights, fog lights, hood and mirrors.
It's not a question of trusting the guy, or even if he can do just as good a job as the dealer, because as has been pointed out, you have no idea who the dealer is going to use, it is that if the dealer does it you can expect the factory to back it up. They say so on their website and it is considered a dealer installed accessory, which qualifies for a LEXUS guarantee, not Joe Blow's guarantee, which won't do you a lot of good if you move to a new town or are on a trip when you have a problem.

It was my experience that if you make a deal for your car, and at the end ask for the bra at or near their cost, they won't let that get in the way of closing the sale, then you get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paid $695 for a custom clear bra which includes, Front Bumper, Front hood, Fenders, Door Cups, Head lights, and Side mirrors. Everything was custom with 3M, none of that pre cut BS... If anyone in the Bay Area (California) AVO: AVO Clear Bra - Walnut Creek, CA

Very professional, and amazing work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the tip SNG I'll be calling them Tomorrow

·
Registered
54 Posts
No problem, the pre cut kits are ugly... So stay away from those! The custom one is wrap around the sides, so you won't notice the clear bra at all.
Did you get the Standard Wrap or the Performance Wrap? I called for an appointment and was quoted a lot more than $695.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It cost me $600 to have Xpel installed on the hood, fender fronts and mirrors. I'm also having the front bumper done with Xpel in the next week or two at a cost of $600. The Xpel install on the hood covers a much larger area, is more durable and a better looking product then the wrap that Lexus installs. No orange peel look, non-yellowing and self healing. My local Lexus dealership actually recommended it to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Two questions. Does the car's paint under the bra look different when and if the bra should be removed? Secondly, what do you do to keep the seam (where the bra meets the uncovered area) free from trapping road dirt and grease and grime?

·
Registered
232 Posts
just the hood, and front bumper. $900
wing mirrors and rear bumper. $750
whole car. $2500

i told him to keep his bras....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Two questions. Does the car's paint under the bra look different when and if the bra should be removed? Secondly, what do you do to keep the seam (where the bra meets the uncovered area) free from trapping road dirt and grease and grime?
If you use a quality material it does not change the color of the car at all. Contrary to what SOME installers will tell you, the material does not screen out UV rays or it would fade differently than the rest of the car. IF you see a change in color, then take it off immediately because it means that the shield has started deteriorating and will shortly start crazing and become a bear to remove. Most of these bras have a 5 year guarantee, which is plenty long enough for you to see if there is a problem. I had a problem with the 3M clear bra I put on my 2004 TBird, but it was my own fault because I let it go too long and the warranty had expired.

That line where the material ends CAN be a problem, but not if you are careful to wash and wax from the higher to the lower, in other words don't force dirt into the edge of the shield. If you notice the line becoming evident you can clean it off with a cleaner wax, using a soft toothbrush if needed. You only need to do that every once in a long while, maybe less than once a year. On my CT, it has been over a year and I haven't had any dirt accumulate on the line.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That line where the material ends CAN be a problem, but not if you are careful to wash and wax from the higher to the lower, in other words don't force dirt into the edge of the shield. If you notice the line becoming evident you can clean it off with a cleaner wax, using a soft toothbrush if needed. You only need to do that every once in a long while, maybe less than once a year. On my CT, it has been over a year and I haven't had any dirt accumulate on the line.
Hmm, on my friend's car even before cleaning, road grime has accumulated at the margin of the bra and under the edges and it has stained the area even failing to clean off with meticulous care. It is enough to make me seriously think about whether I would want to spend $600+ for this product. Spend a lot of money to save paint chips but have grease spots at the margins? Maybe it's just not good in a dust bowl area like mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts