Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have used Meguiar Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes on my new CT200h and it's left the seats all shiny :mad:

Does anyone know how I can restore the matt(e) finish? I've ready a few horror stories and dont want to fade the colour (black) or cause the seats to crack prematurely.

Also I'm in Australia - so international brands would be a bonus!

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Tristar82

I have only had my car a week now so have not touched the seats yet but would be keen to hear from someone what they recomend too ( I have never had leather seats before ! )

I am also in Australia (Melbourne) where are you ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm in Melbourne too (Windsor). We must be the only 2 CT200h drivers! I like the fact that there aren't too many around - certainly gets a few looks.
I am in Ringwood East but my work/office is in Abbotsford so not to far !

And yes it is fun having a car that's still quite rare at the moment. I have only seen one other on the road so far about two weeks ago a white one I was walking and it whizzed past I hadn't got mine at that stage !!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
There is a brand of leather cleaner, conditioner and preserver that I have used for over 15 years now. The brand is Lexol (nothing to do with Lexus of course). Excellent stuff. I highly recommend it. The products are not an all in one though. Each one does it's own thing. I have used the cleaner and the preserver.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
When you say "matte" leather, is it really leather, or do you have the Nu-Luxe interior?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you say "matte" leather, is it really leather, or do you have the Nu-Luxe interior?

I have a horrible feeling that it's the NuLuxe stuff. It's the Prestige with Option Pack - but can't find anything in the documentation.

The armor oil in the Meguiar's has left the headrests and sides of the drivers seat look really dryf. I'm worried that if it's NuLuxe and not leather then I've done some damage.

Any feedback on this is welcome!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Nah. You should be fine. What I would do is get a moist (not too moist) terry or microfiber cloth and go over the seats with it. That's the usual recommendation by Lexus for both NuLuxe and Leather seats. It should get some of the gloss off from the leather wipes.

You can tell if you have the leather seats if you have seat memory (on the driver's side door, there will be 4 buttons that say 1, 2, 3, and SET) equipped.

Also, the leather is perforated vs. the NuLuxe which is a solid, textured fabric in the center of the front seats.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In the UK the mid-price version of the CT200 has leather seats but no driver's seat memory.

(Isn't it weird how different regions get different options? - they don't appear to make any sense)

·
Registered
164 Posts
In the UK the mid-price version of the CT200 has leather seats but no driver's seat memory.

(Isn't it weird how different regions get different options? - they don't appear to make any sense)
Yes here in Australia also you could have leather seats but not have the seat memory.

I also found it quite astonishing joining the forum how differently the cars / packages are being sold in different countries.

In Australia we (I now think very luckily) get the following 4 models......

Prestige: very base model 6 speaker audio 16" wheels, options pack leather heated seats, sun roof and reverse camera.

Luxury: like the Prestige but includes the options pack items plus NAV and 17" wheels and 10 speaker audio..

:D F-Sport: fully loaded with all options including performance dampers and F-Sport styling plus F-Sport suspension tuning and smokey wheels. But does not have sun roof or front radar.

Sports Luxury: fully loaded including sun roof and front radar but does not have the F-Sport stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.