Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I asked the salesman to send me some pix of the car. The car just arrived at the dealership today. Judging from the pix, it looks like he took off some of the white protective paper and took some pix. When I zoom the pix up close, it looks kind of dull in some areas. Is there some sort of protective coating on the cars they take off after they arrive (not the paper but on the car under the white paper)? I do remember years ago some sort of waxy substance to protect the cars called cosmolene or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it man, just inspect it close on the day of delivery after they've cleaned & detailed it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't sweat it man, just inspect it close on the day of delivery after they've cleaned & detailed it.
Easier said than done...the car is about 1000 miles away from my home...getting it delivered by truck to my house

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Uhhhhh, okay then! Who takes the responsibility for the car if anything happens in transit & when you get the car, if something's not right? Ok, maybe you CAN sweat it.... Sorry man, hope all goes well for you! I DID find it odd that a new car dealer would take photos for you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uhhhhh, okay then! Who takes the responsibility for the car if anything happens in transit & when you get the car, if something's not right? Ok, maybe you CAN sweat it.... Sorry man, hope all goes well for you! I DID find it odd that a new car dealer would take photos for you.
Well, that is why. Because I am soooo far away. But, like you said...I won't sweat it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you dont mind, how much are you paying for car shipping? I am most likely in the same boat as you are. The vehicle is about 1000 miles away not sure if we want to fly down and drive it home ourselves and make a road trip or just have it shipped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Personally I would travel to collect the car. I've had last two cars including the CT delivered and there was inevitably some dirt on it. Also, if picking up the car it gives you an opportunity to inspect it, ask the dealer some questions, thet will pair your phone and the whole experience makes the big day that wee bit sweeter IMHO. Also, the drive home will pass quickly as you familiarise yourself with the car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had a vehicle that was trucked from Florida to a port in Cali, then shipped overseas to Asia. Upon arrival I filled out a checklist of all the minor scratches, dust, dirt, etc. The dealership sent a detailer (contractor) out to my apartment complex garage and buffed out any minor scratches and polished/waxed. I imagine the something similar would be done for you?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I normally use my Karcher high pressure cleaner using the lance set to Low and using a good quality car shampoo (e.g. Meguiar's) for a "pre-rinse" (letting it soak with the foam for a few minutes before rinsing it off) and then hand wash using the two-bucket method. Also, when using the sponge and chamois, I always do it in one way, not "swirling" it around.
I'm not here to argue the pros and cons of using the high pressure cleaner. I'm careful with using it and haven't had any issues using this method.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts