Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed these this weekend, both easy to install.

I think the Chrome Pillars on white looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
To each his own. Nice sharkfin anyway. Maybe you can get the entire hood chromed. Or get a fake alligator skin vinyl roof installed. Sorry, but I can only assume you wanted comments or you wouldn't have posted these pictures. It's your car, do whatever you want, but I think the less chrome the better. I know some others disagree.

·
Registered
245 Posts
To each his own. Nice sharkfin anyway. Maybe you can get the entire hood chromed. Or get a fake alligator skin vinyl roof installed. Sorry, but I can only assume you wanted comments or you wouldn't have posted these pictures. It's your car, do whatever you want, but I think the less chrome the better. I know some others disagree.
I like it. Even if you don't, I really don't think you should assume he was looking to be blasted with a comment like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like it. Even if you don't, I really don't think you should assume he was looking to be blasted with a comment like that.
Unfortunately, that's how Joe166 "jokes." Don't call him out on it, or else he'll tell you to "get a life" and then ask if the forum has an ignore feature. True story.

Anyway, I think the chrome pillars look nice.. I actually agree that they probably do look better on white, mainly because there's less of a contrast between the paint and chrome. I'm not sure how this would look on a darker body, where it would probably stand out a lot more.

Congrats on the mods.. I'm looking into getting a shark fin antenna of my own, but I'm not crazy about not being able to match with my gray paint job.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Interesting this F - Sport doesn't have Trident rims. Canadian market????

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting this F - Sport doesn't have Trident rims. Canadian market????
Correct Audi4t, among the many items notoffered in Canadaare the Trident rims and Nav, go figure...

·
Registered
486 Posts
I like it (both chrome pillars and shark fin).
But they are mods that don't make a big difference to me (like illuminated door sills)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not into chrome, but if it works for you ... I will trade my chrome rims, ($2500 dealer option) for a set of the rims on your car if you want more chrome. I'm serious. Too bad you're in Calgary. I'm in LA, if anybody wants to trade. I do like the 'fin. I have one on my Prius, and it works great, and looks better than the antenna. Someday soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
842 Posts
Tonic:

$85US plus shipping...

2011-2012 Lexus CT200h Hybrid Shark Fin Antenna, Lexus Shark Fin Antenna, Lexus Antenna; Juicedhybrid.com

There are a number of different Sharkfin's available from $85-$115.
That shark fin is a VG product. But on the visual garage website they don't seem to list our car. I am glad to hear that it fits, but I wonder why someone else can carry a product that the manufacturer doesn't even list. By the way, on the Visual Garage website, the Prius shark fin (which seems to be the closest thing to a match) is $69 plus $12 shipping or $81 total, which is a little bit less.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Joe, You've got my sense of humour (and the same taste regarding things chrome); It seems like me you're always in trouble for expressing your opinions. But I know you didn't mean any hurt. I own up to the illuminated door sills and after showing people all the features of the CT they see the door sills and think they're the greatest. Small things amuse small minds.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's how it looks on smoky granite. I think it highlights the shape of the window profile better.

I agree it does look good on smoky granite. I think the chrome posts really set off your tinted windows as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wont say the chrome post dont look nice but they are not my cup of tea. The only thing I like chrome on a car are rims. As for you shark fin though, it really looks nice. Good job. Getting one myself. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like your mods!
Could you please tell me if the pillars fitted well on the upper side of the windows? I mean does it protrude visibly or is it so thin that there's no such problem ? And what about air noise while on the expressway ? Do these pillars add noise?
Thanks for your posts !

·
Registered
990 Posts
Not a fan... Looks ok on white and hideous on black. Please just don't add the chrome door edge protectors that seem to go with ever car I see with the chrome pillars. Just need to save the Lexus name.

On side note the shark fin looks great!

Subtle us always the best look.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts