Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or been able to locate chrome fog light housings? I think it might make the car look just a little more complete that the black ones. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Are you referring to having the whole housing chrome, or just a surrounding piece to make it more similar to other Lexus vehicles. See below for surrounding piece from modellista kit.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
193 Posts
Holy crap those are ugly.
Hey I didn't say I liked them!! Just providing a response to the question.

If you take a look at the description then don't even come with any fixings, you have to tape them on to the front of the existing surrounds, meaning a chance of losing them I guess and then having to spend another $450. Just not worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree those are uglier than that troll from Jersey Shore, and thats saying something. I guess I will just go with the chrome bezzels around the light instead of the whole unit. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I guess I will just go with the chrome bezzels around the light instead of the whole unit
If you do end up going with the ground surrounds, please post pictures of whole front end, because the up-close pictures don't do it justice

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
seems like the price is way out of line. There's a couple things on E Bay that might be nice but are way over the top price wise.......

The ring might be nice,,,, but

·
Registered
193 Posts
314 bucks. Skip.
A quick update, these are replacment parts so they replace the current black insert and it would seem they are made to order, so I am guessing somone in Japan (yes they come from Japan) has a stack of the stock foglight surrounds and are applying a chrome ring to them and then selling them on for a hugely marked up price. They quoted me $367.64, I then need to add 20% import duty to that, meaning a final figure of $441.16, wow!

I used to have chrome rings on the IS250, these were stuck onto the headlight / foglight / rear light cluster / lower reflectors (before I get any comments I didn't have them all!!) and were no where near this price, so I would suggest that if you are looking for these find out another car that has the same diameter fog light and then hunt down the stick on rings, I am sure they are available it's just the suppliers have not got the CT200H on their radar yet.

So, keep the money in your pocket and wait is my advice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What the! $500 bucks for 2 pieces of plastic cover from Japan??

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah it gives a complete look to the car and i like it so much and not too expensive stuff. However in the case of any issue in your head light these are very helpful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts