Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like the current look where the tailpipe is hidden. This one will add few inches to the rear bumper clearance and I'm sure will scrape the pavement on some steep sloping driveway.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the current look where the tailpipe is hidden. This one will add few inches to the rear bumper clearance and I'm sure will scrape the pavement on some steep sloping driveway.
Hi there, thanks for the reply - doesn't really answer my question though. So has anyone bought either this exhaust tip (see original post) or any other kind, consdering purchasing this, albeit expensive I think it looks kinda nice.

Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
In reply to your specific request, no, I haven't purchased this exhaust tip and I think it might be a cold day in hell before I spent that kind of money on an exhaust tip. It does look nice, but I bet you could find a lot of other tips that look very similar for a lot less money and you could probably replace a whole bunch of them when they get ripped off by a steep driveway.

Just seems like a lot of bucks for a very small bang. I tend to prefer a lot of bang for the bucks.

I bought a prettier (IMO) pair of exhaust tips for my other car, a 2004 Ford Thunderbird for a little over twice the price of this tip but they were attached to a stainless steel exhaust system that added about 20 horsepower and improved my mileage. I doubt that this tip will have any effect except to make me feel a little bit better when I see it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other reason for asking if anyone has bought and fitted this is that, from the pictures it looks like it slides onto the exhaust and then has a bolt that tightens it on the exhaust. However, the exhaust on the CT200h points down, if you know what I mean, so started to wonder if you needed to saw the end of the exhaust off (not someothin I am prepared to do)!!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Dude, really? In US dollars, it's $300 plus $69 shipping!? My last car I bought a nice HKS stainless steel sport exhaust...my 2nd favorite mod on that car besides the rims and it was a well spent $450. This much $ just for an exhaust tip doesn't seem to make a lot of sense IMO.

Regarding fitment, it looks like it might be designed with an angle bend in it to compensate for the downward stock exhaust tip, I could be wrong though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts