Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been having troubles with my 2011 CT200h, 96,000km (bought nov. 2011 so almost 6 years).

In 2013, I had the check hybrid system trigger while I was driving a 50kph, no brakes, no steering wheel, I manage to get into a parking lot and do donuts to stop the vehicule. Got it towed to the dealer, check code P0A0D voltage system, open and close the breaker in the trunk. Then all good.
One month later, check engine this time. Code P0A0F, engine failed to start. Everthing else seemed good, reset the codes and that's it.

The found nothing wrong with the vehicule. And I was on my merry way. All was good for almost 4 years.

Now, while in a parking I got in and drove maybe 10m to get in line (was at the local Six Flags at the end of the day), stayed on battery for maybe 20mins waiting for the line to finally move and when I wanted to put it in drive, nothing was happening. I hit Power OFF. And tried to power it up and was meat with a realy Christmas light show, every lights on the dash and ceiling were flashing like it's was a true National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Tried again, same result, was never able to get it to change gear and the engine never started. Called roadside assistance and while on the phone with the guy, the alarm starte to whine with a very short and somewhat lot intensity noise. I had trouble raising the windows they were going up super slowly. Towing was on-route.

Then, about 20-25 minutes later, the was was closed and me, kids and wife were outside waiting. I figured I should try it again just in case. It started like nothing happened! The hybrid system even showed a 75% full battery… I did not understand what happend there :(

Got the car to the dealership for inspection, paide for 1h of inspection. No codes were reported by the car, the battery system is healthy (100%) and the charge was good. They could not point their finger on anything wrong. So I raised the problem with Lexus Canada, opened a case with them, and now they want me to pay, once more for 2.5-3h of work for more investigation.

And they can't confirm that there will not be more investigation after that… If I follow their plan, will I go to the dealer every week forever? I do not like the sound of that.

I checked with the consumer protectino agency here and they do not have any reports on 2011 CT200h troubles, next I'll be calling the roadside security of Transport Canada to see if they had reports of such problems. But first I wanted to check with you guys.

Did you see this type of problem before? If you did, I would love more details on the cause and if you have posts I could not find any.

My next step would be to get it inspected by an independant inspector that is recommended by the consumer protection agency. And perhaps try to get that Quebec Legal Warranty with Lexus Canada. But fore that if you have more info I would love to have it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Could it be the cars normal 12v battery starting to fail?
Worth checking as I know strange things happen when it gets weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
They don’t always log any codes. Does seem to be very intermittent though.
You could always check to see if it’s holding it’s charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Your story is very, very strange. I hope you get it figured out.

The only time I've encountered lights flashing (including the map lights) along with doors locking and unlocking, was when the car though the key was gone while I was driving. It happens when the keyfob is low on power but you managed to start the car and drive anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a CT200h 2011 and got the exact same issue you describe with the dashboard lights blinking like christmas when trying to start the car. Same as you, waiting a few minutes and trying again eventually the car went back to normal. I bought the car used in 2012 and have not replaced the 12V battery in 5 years, so I bet that is the culprit as @stormchaser mentioned above.

Any update from your situation? did you have the 12V battery replaced?

I'm sure I can find the answer in the forum, but what 12V battery brand and model is recommended for this car?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i know i am replying to an old post i know.. But no one really put an affirmative answer on this, so i will..
For the next guy this happens too..

12v battery system access took a dump.. Battery is weak and possible dead cell in it.. Replace it..

Pre-warning..
It may hold for a little while longer (month or so), but it's time for a 12v battery- rear right floor access panel in hatch..

Reason why it kicked back on after a wait period, there is a failsafe built in that will charge the 12v battery from hybrid battery automatically, so you can get on down the road..

Simple.. weak 12v battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts