Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm deciding to buy a CT200h. Wanna get you guys idea on which color you think it looks better, between Black or Dark grey. Which color is more popular?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
516 Posts
depends also on which color interior you would like...I own black with the light beige interior (not sure what it's called anymore). Of course people are going to say it's personal taste of which YOU like...or tell you that the color they own is the best. I like black...it does show a lot of dirt but when it's clean I think there is no color that looks better. I think the black looks great with the caramel nuluxe interior but when I got my car it was in high demand after the psunami and not many cars were available..in fact they were very scarce at the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your idea "bondguy". In my country, they sell black with the light beige interior only. No choice available. I love the beige though. Well, all my cars in the past were all black so I think my personal taste goes there. But this time when I have a chance to pick up the color again, I become reluctant to pick black as I may wanna try new color.

Please bear with my personal confusion ;-)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I can tell you that after 18K miles on the car in a little over 1 year, and 3 kids, the inside is still holding up like new...any dirt seems to come off easy on the Nuluxe interior which is good as it is a light color...best of luck whichever color you choose...I love the car and the mileage is incredible

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too stressed about whether to get black or dark grey!! I decided to go with my "gut" feeling after seeing both colours on the lot and chose grey. My former car was black so I wanted a change but not too drastic a change! Grey is safe and hides dirt better than my old black car. You won't go wrong with either colour. I think I could have gotten black with black leather seats which is what I would have chosen - although I love the look of the light coloured leather I would be worried about them getting dirty. I wear a lot of dark denim and was nervous about the colour rubbing off. I've ruined a few good leather purses that way!
Enjoy your car, grey or black!

·
Registered
441 Posts
My Lexus sales guy said to me that people who buy black cars are happy on two days - the day they buy it and the day they sell it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the CT had come in a metallic Black, I'd have bought it without question with ecru inside. To me, pure black gets and shows swirls too quickly. I saw a black CT in a parking lot and the swirls looked horrible. I had hoped for the dark grey with the Ecru interior, but that combo is apparently extremely rare, so I settled for the lighter silver with Ecru interior and am very happy. Note: The headliner is grey in all CTs and there's plenty of black inside as well, so exterior black AND both exterior grays look nice. All three nu luxe colors look great, but I personally don't think there's enough contrast with the black interior. Other exterior/interior combos seem to me to be mixing too many colors. Let us know what you end up with!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
My Lexus sales guy said to me that people who buy black cars are happy on two days - the day they buy it and the day they sell it.
Should be the days when they just get it cleaned too. As for popularity I think there is somewhat of a bias in why people chose which colour. For example, the dark grey has been available in two different versions between 2011 Smoky Granite Mica and 2012 Nebula Grey Pearl version. Could mean Lexus didn't like the colour they had, or wasn't selling enough in 2011. Nebula Grey Pearl was also offered in a F-Sport Special Edition (only others were White and Silver). Obsidian black has been available for awhile on Lexus vehicles and many people enjoy it. Lexus is just now starting to use a new black called Starlight Black Mica on newer vehicles but still offers Obsidian for F-Sport versions.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think Lexus could still offer both smoky granit and nebula grey on each Lexus model, they look too different to say that smoky granite is discontinued and nebula grey replace it! Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
609 Posts
It really depends on how often you wash your car. Both colors look great when you keep it clean, but grey car you can afford to not wash it as often and still not looking too bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an obsidian black CT and it is pretty high maintenance. The hatch gets dirty rather easily and the paint/clear coat gets scratched easily. On delivery my car was already covered with swirl marks from dealer wash (which I obviously complained and only got a wax job that did nothing). The paint/clear coat is way too soft. But I'd imagine that if you seal/wax it on delivery and be careful when washing, you can keep swirl marks to a minimum. I am probably gonna have to do a proper detailing job (polish + seal + syn wax) soon on my 3-month old CT.

That being said, I still think that obsidian black is the best color and I don't regret getting it. With some white light mods and tint, it looks very sexy :) You'll be motivated to wash it once a week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts