Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
So i have 2012 ct200h with 70k miles on it.
i did not touch the car for 4 months and when i started yesterday it said “check hubrid system”. So i sent to lexus shop and they said it needs hybrid battery replacement. Lexus dealership has quoted me about 5k.
What do you all suggest?

thanks

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
411 Posts
Sounds about right. You cant leave a 9 yo hybrid car unused for that long. Even a new one will go bad if left for that long. You have some very good cheaper options if you are mechanical. However, if you are not or do not know anyone that is, you are stuck with the dealer option, finding a mechanic that specializes in replacing Toyota hybrid batteries or selling the car to some one who will fix it.
The best option for a replacement battery is Prius Gen2, Gen3, CT200h Lithium upgrade pack - 14 blocks. I would buy this and install it. Its better than a new oem .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found some battery replacement shop - d
Sounds about right. You cant leave a 9 yo hybrid car unused for that long. Even a new one will go bad if left for that long. You have some very good cheaper options if you are mechanical. However, if you are not or do not know anyone that is, you are stuck with the dealer option, finding a mechanic that specializes in replacing Toyota hybrid batteries or selling the car to some one who will fix it.
The best option for a replacement battery is Prius Gen2, Gen3, CT200h Lithium upgrade pack - 14 blocks. I would buy this and install it. Its better than a new oem .
thank You, i found some battery replacement shops that does the same you have mentioned above. Do you suggest replacing with a new one or refurbished one. The price difference is 1K.
thank You.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
411 Posts
i found some battery replacement shop - d

thank You, i found some battery replacement shops that does the same you have mentioned above. Do you suggest replacing with a new one or refurbished one. The price difference is 1K.
thank You.
That would depend on how long you plan to keep the car and the warranty. Considering that its a 9 yo car, I would go with the refurbished. Also, ask them if they are going to replace all battery packs or replace just the ones that are bad. It could make a huge difference in how much you will pay. Usually, only a few packs go bad, not all of them. If you were going to keep the car for a long time, I would seriously consider the lithium upgrade. Make sure all the batteries in the unit are refurbed and not just old battery packs mixed with refurbed ones.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
51 Posts
All you need is a reconditioned battery which is $1649!
Check the link below. I don't know what city you live in but you DO NOT need to pay $5000 to fix the battery.

First of all. You need to completely stop dealing with the dealership or any dealership on this one and find a hybrid shop that can come to you house and install or you tow your car there for installation.

let me know if you have questions!

Reactions: jexcasun

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All you need is a reconditioned battery which is $1649!
Check the link below. I don't know what city you live in but you DO NOT need to pay $5000 to fix the battery.

First of all. You need to completely stop dealing with the dealership or any dealership on this one and find a hybrid shop that can come to you house and install or you tow your car there for installation.

let me know if you have questions!
i appreciate your response. Reconditioned is reliable because the warranty on those is just for 1 year.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Green Been is 3year unlimited miles warranty now, full On-Site replacements..

they were giving away Lifetime replacements... Probably covid issues..

not sure on upgrade costs to Lifetime, but website just automatically says Thanks for upgrading to Lifetime warranty

Myself, when that time comes (i see cell 9 a bit low), i will be going Lithium.. my ct200 is Flaw Less.. inside and out..

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
411 Posts
Green Been is 3year unlimited miles warranty now, full On-Site replacements..

they were giving away Lifetime replacements... Probably covid issues..

not sure on upgrade costs to Lifetime, but website just automatically says Thanks for upgrading to Lifetime warranty

Myself, when that time comes (i see cell 9 a bit low), i will be going Lithium.. my ct200 is Flaw Less.. inside and out..

1900 + shipping for the lithium is worth it for me because I would be doing the install myself. I have a 2015 and it is pretty pristine battery in good health. Smells new too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Search for companies that sell certified Prius batteries for much less, there are plenty of videos on how to replace them, or take it to a shop that knows how to do it. should be less than 2k, Plus some of those companies buy and recycle those batteries since they are Nickel Metal (NiMH )... Not Li Ion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts