Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought ct200h that was involved in a car accident
right curtain airbag is blown. i need to replace two doors
it's in the shop now and i need to start it to move it around
small battery is charged and service plug is back in
car won't start because of "check hybrid system" message
if some one has dealt with it can You share?
and yes, i know i have to "go to a dealer" if i'm out of options :)
thanks in advance

·
Registered
200 Posts
get a scan tool and get the codes read in the system....

the car should still start even with a check hybrid system error....at least all previous hybrid models can/have that I've experienced with that message

·
Registered
255 Posts
The car has a safety switch that trips when involved in an accident. This is to help prevent fires. Many cars have this switch and it must be reset before the car will start. I don't know where it is. Most any body shop should be able to tell you how to reset it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input guys
i know it has contactors but
i think ecu disconnects them
and yes, i have launch x431 scan tool
but there's no update for this model yet
thanks again

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Several things to check. Make sure the orange disconnect is seated firmly. You also need to reset the airbags as well because they are linked to the hybrid system warning.

Also, try power cycling the car first before. Maybe that will reset the warning. Depress brake pedal, push Power button and make sure READY turns on. Then push Power button again and repeat 2 more times.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
BTW, which side was the accident on? The passenger side? If the accident was on the driver's side, the inverter is located on that side and could have been damaged. Just a thought. It doesn't sound like it was damaged if the car still runs though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
there is no damage to the front or rear end.
only two right side doors were damaged (i mentioned that right side curtain airbag was deployed)
and no sir, it doesn't run. i was asking how to make it run =o)
BTW, which side was the accident on? The passenger side? If the accident was on the driver's side, the inverter is located on that side and could have been damaged. Just a thought. It doesn't sound like it was damaged if the car still runs though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
there is no damage to the front or rear end.
only two right side doors were damaged (i mentioned that right side curtain airbag was deployed)
and no sir, it doesn't run. i was asking how to make it run =o)
I know there is a VENT for the hybrid battery on the inside of the pass rear door...check that area!!!

most likely there is an obstruction or damage to the hybrid ventilation system

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks
there's no damage to the body shell, just the doors.
but it's ok, i guess i'll just roll it and when it's all fixed i'll get it towed to the dealer and clear codes if i don't get updates for my diagnostic tool by then
I know there is a VENT for the hybrid battery on the inside of the pass rear door...check that area!!!

most likely there is an obstruction or damage to the hybrid ventilation system

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car was also damaged in the accident but it has been repaired. I did replace the seat belts, blown air bags and reset the air bag control module and the SRS is now working. However, I could not crank up the engine due to the "Check Hybrid System".

What did you have to do to turn-off the "Check Hybrid System" for your car. I would really appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Make sure to check your "B" pillar for damage! I was hit at low speed and no airbags deployed; both right side doors damaged. I needed new doors and a new "B" pillar because the rear door bottom hinge was pushed into the pillar somewhat on impact. The pillar is ultra-high tensile strength steel and looses it protective strength if manipulated, so it had to be replaced. It's been a month now and I should be getting my CT back this week. It made the repair MUCH more complicated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My car was also damaged in the accident but it has been repaired. I did replace the seat belts, blown air bags and reset the air bag control module and the SRS is now working. However, I could not crank up the engine due to the "Check Hybrid System".
What did you have to do to turn-off the "Check Hybrid System" for your car. I would really appreciate your feedback.
wow, it's been a while =o)
i've been driving my lexus for a few months now.
anyway the solution was quite simple and took couple of seconds after some knowledgeable guy told me where to look =o)
- the red tag in the back where which i plugged back in but wasn't secured with that small piece. you're suppose to shift it to lock the thing in place.
lemme know...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I have a CT200h that had a front collision and the airbags blew. Check system hybrid message is there but the car is starting and working.

I was wondering if even if the bags are blown and the codes are cleared with a diagnostics tool, would the check hybrid system stay on?

As of now, car is running but not optimally and I lose the function of changing driving modes. It runs only on normal. And I wouldnt get the good fuel gas mileage. If the codes are cleared, would the modes be activated again?

Thanks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Seriously you need to take this car in for service right away. I would never drive a car that is completely controlled by computers with some of the "errors" that you are reporting.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi,

I have a CT200h that had a front collision and the airbags blew. Check system hybrid message is there but the car is starting and working.

I was wondering if even if the bags are blown and the codes are cleared with a diagnostics tool, would the check hybrid system stay on?

As of now, car is running but not optimally and I lose the function of changing driving modes. It runs only on normal. And I wouldnt get the good fuel gas mileage. If the codes are cleared, would the modes be activated again?

Thanks.
Are you seriously posting this question? Don't you have insurance?Bring it to a professional. This is a Lexus not a civic. I don't think anyone should even attempt to answer this for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
381 Posts
Uh... if you're seriously driving this car with blown airbags and it wasn't totaled by insurance, I don't even know what to say.
No reputable shop would've fixed the car up and left those warning lights on. Your car sounds 100% not street safe.

Can you expand upon what happened?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Leonar40, thank you for your nice input.
On our part, we drove the car - the Hybrid Battery charges, the regenerative brake works, electronic steering, aircon, radio, lights, display button and customization - everything works okay. The only warning lights are the Yellow Triangle, Check Hybrid system, Driving Modes and the Airbag warning light. We will change the Airbags, have bought new airbags, airbag module and sensors. We drive the car just around city with average speed of 35 mph. Just wondering that when we change all the airbags and module, will the Airbag light disappear, Check Hybrid Light disappear and the Driving Modes work ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
burnstaneurism, thank you for your input. We are not in America.

On our part, we drive the car - the Seatbelts are working, the Hybrid Battery charges, the electric motor does its work, it switches to gas engine as needed, the regenerative brake works, electronic steering, aircon, radio, lights, display button and customization - everything works okay. The only warning lights are the Yellow Triangle, Check Hybrid system, Driving Modes and the Airbag warning light. We will change the Airbags, have bought new airbags, airbag module and sensors. We drive the car just around city with average speed of 35 mph. Just wondering that when we change all the airbags and module, will the Airbag light disappear, Check Hybrid Light disappear and the Driving Modes work ?
Am sure in America, its definitely not safe to drive with car in this condition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes, am serious in posting the question. we are not in America. I don't believe that fixing Civics, Toyotas and Lexuses are totally different. it might be different in name, part nos. but the principles are basically the same.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts