Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I ran the tank dry and the battery too. Put in gas but car wouldn't start. Trying to jumpstart the 12v I pulled the orange fuse on the drive battery and didn't reinsert properly. Then I did the jumpstart but that error wouldn't let me start. I fixed the fuse but the error didn't go away for immediately so I towed it. Drove the car into the driveway and no error anymore. Turned car on and off several times and still no error.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I emptied the fuel and battery once in a 1st generation Prius... no harm done and I drove it for another 12 years after that. I did pay more attention to the fuel warning light after that. I think somewhat normal for a warning light to flash after disconnecting the 12v battery, but if it goes out after driving a few miles, it should be OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emptied the fuel and battery once in a 1st generation Prius... no harm done and I drove it for another 12 years after that. I did pay more attention to the fuel warning light after that. I think somewhat normal for a warning light to flash after disconnecting the 12v battery, but if it goes out after driving a few miles, it should be OK.
Thanks. I just drove it another 250 miles today, no error and drives like normal

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think you lucked out this time..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts