Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Lexus CT 200h in May. It has about 22K miles and (20K when I got it) and I recently drove my car to work (less than 2 miles) and got the "check hybrid system" light on my dash. This is the second time since I've had the car this warning has popped up.

The first time I got it, I tried turning it on and off 3 times and kept the internal battery vent clear. It went away on its own within 2 days. I was thinking maybe it was due to the crazy weather change we had in the midwest (summer). We have also had a crazy hot and humid 2 days, but my car is kept in an underground garage for a few weeks, so I do not think this is a factor.

Besides calling my dealership and having them take a look, what other steps should I take to solve this issue?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Obviously avoiding dealers it might be worth taking it to an independent garage to do a scan and see if it's logged an error code to go by. Hopefully it won't be the battery pack at that age and mileage.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Why are you hesitating to take it to the dealer since it is still under warranty?? You should not fool around with the hybrid system. My 2012 CT never have this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts