Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
Contemplating the wallet-sized Smart Key for my CT - any experiences with the cheapest place to buy this?
Sewell, with the member's discount, is showing $255 - genuine OEM of course.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Probably the best price. I will give you a warning though. I got one thinking it would be the best thing in the world, but started having pain in my hip after it had stayed in my wallet for about 2 weeks. Think George Costanza wallet! Use it now on the weekends when I don't need any other keys going out. Just slip it in my front pocket.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably the best price. I will give you a warning though. I got one thinking it would be the best thing in the world, but started having pain in my hip after it had stayed in my wallet for about 2 weeks. Think George Costanza wallet! Use it now on the weekends when I don't need any other keys going out. Just slip it in my front pocket.
hahaha! is it THAT heavy??
the $255 is without the keycut/programming - will have to take to a local dealership to have that done, which will probably be another $50?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not, heavy. Doesn't give at all. Think about your credit cards, they will bend/contour with your wallet like the wallet shapes the longer you have it. It's like put a thin plank of wood in your wallet. Just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
609 Posts
What's the advantage to having one of those? I mean you still have to carry your other keys anyway so why not just stick with the key FOB anyway?
Some people that I know (not saying whom) don't use their front door. They hide the garage door-to-house key in the garage somewhere, and open the big garage door using the car's homelink. So if they don't have to carry the car FOB, they don't have to carry any key at all. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some people that I know (not saying whom) don't use their front door. They hide the garage door-to-house key in the garage somewhere, and open the big garage door using the car's homelink. So if they don't have to carry the car FOB, they don't have to carry any key at all. ;)
Exactly. Don't even lock the door in the garage. Work keys stay in the car if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts