Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ct200h battery went dead while car was parked for 3 days. Owner's Manual shows points to connect jumper cables so I hooked up my motorcycle battery charger to those points. It's only a 2amp charger but it's slowly working. I could pull the battery but I guess I'm just being lazy using the jump start points. Anyone have any thoughts on or experience with this?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I leave my CT for several months at a time which leads to the obvious discharge problem. I now have a trickle charger attached to the +/- terminals and have it plugged into the garage outlet with no problems. When it discharged the first time, I was able to 'jump start' it with a Cobra CJIC 350 battery pack. Driving for an hour was effective in charging the battery. Also was able to use a solar panel to keep the battery charged but this won't work if dirt, leaves, snow accumulate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's an AGM battery. Should not be any problem to charge from the under-the-hood "jump-start" positive pole under the fuse box cover and connecting the negative to the engine block, but might charge a little better (??? I have no idea about this ???) if you connect directly to the battery terminals. I can't see how there would be any significant difference.

Just make sure you use an AGM-capable charger. A regular battery charger can ruin your battery. AGM batteries should only be charged by an AGM designated charger, set on "AGM" mode. These are computer-controlled chargers and quite a bit more expensive....but absolutely necessary to keep your battery in good condition.

In a pinch, a regular charger may get you up and running (engine started), in which case your alternator goes through the car's onboard charging system for the battery and charges it properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts