Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 2012 CT200h SE-L Premier model and am looking at changing my battery (totally dead can't hold any charge, car hadn't been driven in 8 months). Am i better off getting the OEM battery from Lexus or can i get a Lion AGM Car Battery (45Ah/325 CCA)?

Is there any set-up to be done with the car after installing if I'm DIYing it with the Lion battery to get the hybrid system ready/stop-start working?

First time driver, so would appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Changed mine last year and since dealer was not available, i bought a home brand similar to oem.

Since the battery was pretty similar, installation was easy and fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For what it is worth, ours has a standard battery in it (Not AGM).
Not sure when it was changed to this as I have only had it for a year.
2011 F Sport version
DD

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the 2012 CT200h SE-L Premier model and am looking at changing my battery (totally dead can't hold any charge, car hadn't been driven in 8 months). Am i better off getting the OEM battery from Lexus or can i get a Lion AGM Car Battery (45Ah/325 CCA)?

Is there any set-up to be done with the car after installing if I'm DIYing it with the Lion battery to get the hybrid system ready/stop-start working?

I have a 2011 CT200h - and the battery died in Nov 2019 ... purchased mine from the dealer.. I was able to 'jump start' the CT200

·
Registered
3 Posts

I had my battery 'die' since I leave my 2012 CT for months. I bought one from the dealer and have a trickle charger on it while I am away. You can connect the 'pig tail' to the terminals in the back and plug this into the charger plugged into the house circuit. The tailgate can be closed. I love this car...just don't drive it a lot...56k miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts