Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing a found to be inconvenient is changing a folder on my USB drive. I mean you have to stop the car to do it. I tried using the voice command but it only allows you to change files. Anyone know a way to change a folder while driving?

·
Registered
34 Posts
And, it won't show top level folder names. I have music organized in folders by artist, then album. The folder list only shows album names.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I organize mine the same way on my PC and mp3 player. But I decided to rename the album folder with the artist & album so it would organize the whole thing alphabetically. I have a 16 gb flash drive so there are 180 albums on it. It would be nice if we could navigate the folders instead of just the tracks.

And, it won't show top level folder names. I have music organized in folders by artist, then album. The folder list only shows album names.

·
Registered
391 Posts

One thing a found to be inconvenient is changing a folder on my USB drive. I mean you have to stop the car to do it. I tried using the voice command but it only allows you to change files. Anyone know a way to change a folder while driving?
I have a video covering playing music from a USB key in the CT. You can go to my youtube videos from the link in my sig.

I just took a drive around the block to check this to be sure. I can definitely change folders while driving. I have a Non-Nav version, so if you have Nav I can't help as much, but pressing the up or down arrow button on the steering wheel and holding it until one gets a beep will change the folder playing on a USB.

With the Non-Nav version if you have the SCAN button (#1) locked down it won't work the same, and press and hold will jump to a random song.

Try hitting that button and let me know what happens. I would be shocked if it doesn't work similarly in Nav and Non-Nav..

Good luck.. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I figured out that while driving, I an change to the next group of 5 folders by pressing the disc up button on the console. Not a perfect solution, but a work around. This is with nav.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the DISC button. I'll give that a try.

I figured out that while driving, I an change to the next group of 5 folders by pressing the disc up button on the console. Not a perfect solution, but a work around. This is with nav.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts