Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether there has been any recall for this part or if a replacement part has been issued? This is for the issue with the lock opening but not closing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I never realized that mine does the same thing until I read about it here. I don't use it much and usually it takes about 5 seconds for it to slowly pop back out so I could close it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have same issue and when I close it..It's popping back and I have try at least 6 times to close back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had mine serviced and lubed previously and the problem returned. Dealership has advised that there is a replacement part and I am scheduled to have it replaced on 12/1st. Thanks to all for their replies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm having an issue similar to this, but instead of the button getting jammed and not locking, I have to press very firmly (with a significant amount of body weight) to get the center console lid to stay closed. It seems like whatever the lock is grabbing on to in the console cavity is lower than it should be.

It looks like most people have reported this being an issue with the 2012 CT200h. I have the 2013 model, so it seems that perhaps it has not been completely resolved?

I have about 2,600 miles on my CT and I've used the center console about 3-4 times since ownership.

I have a service appointment on Monday to get it taken care of--just wondering if this is a similar or a different experience that those in this thread (and a handful of others) have encountered.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lubing doesn't fix it.

Lexus will replace with a new part, just like the passenger door handle, moonroof motor, steering assembly and boot hook bolts that fall out.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just had my center console latch replaced under warranty on my 2011 CT about a month ago. Completely fixed the problem in my case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had mine serviced and lubed previously and the problem returned. Dealership has advised that there is a replacement part and I am scheduled to have it replaced on 12/1st. Thanks to all for their replies.
It's been almost 9 years, but is there any chance you know the new replacement part number?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts