Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had my cell phone and key fob in the same pocket.

The two devices don't like each other.

With the two electronic devices in close proximity the auto door lock / unlock feature would not work.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow. Women always have their cell phone and key fob together in their purse.

Could it have been something else? Seems like this would have come out before if it was a problem. What type of cell do you have?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Women always have their cell phone and key fob together in their purse.

Could it have been something else? Seems like this would have come out before if it was a problem. What type of cell do you have?
Not uncommon to have interference. I guess that's why all these devices carry an FCC warning.

I've had my computer crash when the cell phone is too close to the mother board.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm that happened to me the other day - when I tossed my Blackberry and keys to the wife to put in her purse - while she made me go shopping with her ;)
That would explain it, but I thought the moonroof was open (looked at the display and it wasn't) or a door was ajar etc. and couldn't find anything. I touched the top of the handle again to lock it and it worked all of a sudden but I didn't know why. Maybe my phone was transmitting something briefly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's actually in the manual somewhere that if the key fob is too close to a cell phone it can be problematic. I think the recommended separation was a couple of inches. When mine are too close, a couple of times I've had to reboot my phone - I haven't noticed the key fob not working for me.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Never a problem for me, as my FOB is always in my right pocket and my cell phone in the left. Always has been a habit to never put my cell in the same pocket as my keys to avoid unnecessary scratches on the cell, even though I do use an InvisiSHIELD.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bad news. I had an Infinity before the RX I'm driving now (major mistake to move away from Lexus but that's another story). Always kept my fob and my cell together in my purse. Also no problem using my husband's fob when I drive his ES. Again, thrown in that grab bag of a purse

I wonder if it is cell dependent. I have an iPhone. Or perhaps the cell needs to be transmitting something at that exact moment to muck things up. I keep the "push" functions off so hopefully my cell is only working when I tell it to.

Might need to go purse shopping.........:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seen the problem also. Have just resigned myself to the fact that i now radiate radio waves from both pockets....

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is how it's always been.

At least with my iPhone's over the years the key fobs to my 06 Prius, 08 Highlander, and 11 CT will not work unless the phone is in a separate pocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts