Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a cord freak. I had cords and always hide them, this was a challenge but not bad. Sound quality through fm transmitter is really good so I could eliminate the aux cord. I took apart my dash/ radio area to run the cord behind it and hide it. It look about 40 minutes but I am not a car girl so took longer to figure out how to take it apart lol. But the end product is beautiful and I am very satisfied!!My car is a Lexus CT200h so I can’t just replace the screen for car play, I would have replace the screen and completely rewire everything which I was not doing and would have cost $500 to do it myself and probably $1000 if I bought the needed materials and paid someone to do it. So to do this for $230 is great. Such a great alternative if you have an older car but don’t want a new car just for apple car play!!! Recommend!!!!
Computer Automotive design Personal computer Output device Laptop

Car Gear shift Vehicle Satellite radio Radio

Car Vehicle Gear shift Plant Satellite radio

· Registered
96 Posts
I was able to purchase a flat USB type C cable and I actually ran it directly UNDER the center (or side) vent next to the "POWER" button where you start your car. It's literally pinched against the dash and the plastic from the vent. From there, I was able to snake the wire under the dash and supply it power so it was all hidden. It eliminates having to use the 12v cigarette outlet altogether. I like how you did yours.

· Registered
1 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts