Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
lol, a few posts up you said its too expensive and now you want one

anyways if u have a friend in canada, im sure anybody can go to the parts department in and lexus dealership and order a mat, just dont expect to get a discount. then have your friend ship it for you, but shipping costs will be costly
hahahaha... I do not have a choice. I wish that the trunk of CT is symmetrical then I could flip it upside down just like my 2007 Rav4

I called the Lexus dealer in Montréal and they said $150 CND + 15% tax. However I am yet to receive a pic from it to make sure that's the same thing on Lexus Canadian internet

I got the pix from a Lexus dealer in Montreal Quebec, exactly the same liner shown from Canada Lexus website... It's $150 CND + 15% tax . I know shipping cost would be expensive (maybe ~ $100 USD) I am going to ask my relative to buy for me when they visit in Oct

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just did some measurements of the cargo space of my 2015 CT,,,, should be big enough before trimming. The question for me is "Do I need any protection for the back of backseats, like the OEM Lexus design... ? " What do you guys think? especially those who has the OEM LEXUS cargo mat. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
.....is someone talking about me?

really depends on how often you use the cargo space with the seats folded down and how heavy your loads are. for me, there will be at least 4 times a year to pick up my parents at the airport where alot of heavy luggage (50lbs each) will be involved. i find the plastic fold-down cargo liner to be handy because i can push and pull the heavy luggage (again, 50lbs each) or move them around the cargo area without having to worry about scratches on the surfaces.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
.....is someone talking about me?

really depends on how often you use the cargo space with the seats folded down and how heavy your loads are. for me, there will be at least 4 times a year to pick up my parents at the airport where alot of heavy luggage (50lbs each) will be involved. i find the plastic fold-down cargo liner to be handy because i can push and pull the heavy luggage (again, 50lbs each) or move them around the cargo area without having to worry about scratches on the surfaces.
Thanks Chroma, now you talking... so the question for you is "if that cargo mat had not given to you for free (I believe) , would you still pay for it based on your needs ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey All,
I am new to the forum and just purchased 2012 CT200h. I love everything about it but my car didn't come with any floor mats, cargo mat or retractable cargo cover. I am looking for OEM all weather floor mats, an OEM all weather cargo mat and OEM retractable cargo cover. any suggestions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey All,
I am new to the forum and just purchased 2012 CT200h. I love everything about it but my car didn't come with any floor mats, cargo mat or retractable cargo cover. I am looking for OEM all weather floor mats, an OEM all weather cargo mat and OEM retractable cargo cover. any suggestions.
U want OEM Cargo mat? check Lexus Canada website. The rest of OEM , check w/ your local Lexus dealers
for non-OEM ? plenty of after market products out there... Just read end users reviews and buy what U need at 1/3 to 1/4 the costs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the input! Although, I am not sure if the shipping cost from Canada to Los Angeles will be expensive. Do you know any reputable websites to check for After market parts?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks Chroma, now you talking... so the question for you is "if that cargo mat had not given to you for free (I believe) , would you still pay for it based on your needs ?
besides the CT, i also have a acura TLX SH-AWD as my winter car (yes its a sedan) and for my parents to drive in the summer. it did not come with trunk rubber mat, but in the end i paid the money and got one for 2 reasons:

- winter it snows here. helps protect slushes and wet stuff
- my mom likes to mess with the garden at home in the summer. if buying bags of top soil at the gardening center after a rainy day having a plastic liner in the trunk will be really handy; we learned it the hard way a couple of years ago where we had to use garbage bags and to prevent mud water from spilling into the liner-less trunk. this was before we got the CT

all being said, i find having a rubber cargo liner handy for these occasions. but for a folded down rubber cargo liner.....honestly i think i will pass, but thats only because im a cheapskate lol. also because our old car (acura EL) the trunk looks fine even after all the luggage hauling.

i will say purchase according to your needs. if you are going to load alot of HEAVY things often (strollers do not count) and prone to scratches, i'd say get some protection somehow. otherwise....nah lol. if you already have a "half-size" rubber cargo liner, im not sure if its worth spending money on another "full-size" rubber liner. if you do not have any rubber protection, then i will say go ahead

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey All,
may be best that you look on ebay. but if you are located in toronto, i have a set of OEM mats for sale (local only, sorry)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This cargo mat came in yesterday and I started today. (1) I just traced the back-end (to the rear of the car) and cut with a scissor. The material is very easy to work with . (2) on the left/right sides I just trimmed where needed and I let both sides extend beyond the cargo carpet mat (3) on the far end behind the rear seat, again I only trimmed where needed, and the extra length I tug it in the back seat pockets. That way if I had to fold down the back seats then I would have an extra 12" (?) of rubber mat for additional protection.

All in all, I am very please with this material and how they turn out after the installation. I don't know how to to attach pix (yet), otherwise I would share with you guys (if someone would tell me how to post pix

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Looks good. Is the rubber material thick or thin compared to other popular brands like Husky and weathertech?
Sorry I don't use/know of the other products so I could not give you a fair assessment. To me it's thick enough for its use/purpose (put it in a different perspective : more like a plastic mat underneath a computer chair... but not that stiff.) I am very pleased

21 - 37 of 37 Posts