Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone!!! been away from the forum for long while...just got something new for my car and would like to share... IMG_3329.jpg IMG_3330.jpg IMG_3331.jpg IMG_3332.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed! Very nice. I have always felt this car should have hood dampers. Where did you pick these up? Where they specifically for the CT?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Cool! I'm right in the middle of fabricating my own and that hood side bracket is about what I came up with. Has to protrude past the rubber engine compartment back seal by around 60mm. I opted for a 60cm lifter ($49 for a pair with ball studs) to pick up the existing hole in the fender and sent the bracket below the lip line. That way, I was gonna punch a 1/2" hole in the black plastic side shroud to let the ball tips protrude and pivot. This bracket arrangement looks like the JDM stuff. Did you use the forward hole in front of the hood hinge bracket for lateral support underneath the black lifter plate bracket?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeh More Info Please.
Where are they from japan?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ahm, excuse me, what is the benefit of this modification?
I usually open the hood, well let me think, twice a year when filling up the wiperwater...

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I open the hood at least twice a week after I wash the car and dry all the crevices. Then I wipe down all the plastic covers and vacuum all the grit and dust that blew into the engine bay.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahm, excuse me, what is the benefit of this modification?
I usually open the hood, well let me think, twice a year when filling up the wiperwater...
then u don't have to buy nor make a comment

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
i picked them up from ebay 85 bucks, if you r in socal u can save 15 bucks of shipping by driving to rowland height to pick up...the set came with all the bracket, everything u need. to install u need to remove the plastic so that u can install the bracket...it's pretty easy. it took me no more than 30 min to install w/o the instruction
here's the link
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Nice. Thanks for the info. Save's me making the topside bracket. I'll probably keep my own lower side bracket design so I can reinstall the side plastic moulding covers with the rubber gaskets. I think those were meant to keep water and dirt from circulating around in most of the engine bay. What gauge metal are they using for the topside brackets? Any flexing there?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've got to admire 714ct200h for this modification but it's a bit like p**ing in your pants. It gives you a nice warm feeling but no-one knows you've done it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The lack of hood struts on the CT200h is weight saving. Even the LFA has only got a rod to hold up the hood, and of course it's carbon fibre.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Just ordered a set - thanks

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I open the hood at least twice a week after I wash the car and dry all the crevices. Then I wipe down all the plastic covers and vacuum all the grit and dust that blew into the engine bay.
HOLY! I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did, I'd want to be your next car in my next life! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The lack of hood struts on the CT200h is weight saving. Even the LFA has only got a rod to hold up the hood, and of course it's carbon fibre.
Though with the CT, my guess is the main reason is cost savings.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Just ordered a set - thanks
Hey Audi, let us know how that goes and if we can re-install the side plastic moulding with the rubber gaskets back in without too much trouble. That aspect worries me as the rubber gaskets are there to provide some sort of environmental protection otherwise the Lexus engineers would've certainly left it out if it wasn't needed. They also went one step further and provided an engine under cover so going through puddles wouldn't inundate the engine bay from below. After all, there is a 650V electric motor towards the drivers side of the engine bay. I think there is enough protection for a little moisture, but not a whole lot of water. You'll be able to tell when you wash your car without those gaskets in place how bad it gets.
Unfortunately, I ordered generic hood lifters weeks ago and am in the process of fabricating the top side brackets (lowers are done), otherwise, I would've given these a shot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts